The HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA notification is a sign that your computer has a problem. Allowing it to run may end up with really bad consequences. ImpacketExec is a specific Python-based toolkit that is used massively in cyberattacks.
Utiliites like ImpacketExec may be used for benign purposes, though it is much more often a tool of cybercriminals. Its primary target is creating a remote connection to the target computer, that functions without the victim’s knowledge. To avoid any interruptions, this malware type aims at staying as low as possible.
HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA Detection Overview
The HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA detection you can see in the lower right side is demonstrated to you by Microsoft Defender. That anti-malware program is pretty good at scanning, but prone to be basically unstable. It is defenseless to malware invasions, it has a glitchy user interface and bugged malware removal features. Thus, the pop-up which states concerning the ImpacketExec is simply a notification that Defender has identified it. To remove it, you will likely need to use a separate anti-malware program.
The exact HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA virus is a really nasty thing. This malware is designed to be a stealthy burglar, which serves as a remote-access tool. When you give someone remote access willingly, it is okay, but ImpacketExec will not ask you if you would like to provide it. After connecting to your PC, criminals are able to do whatever they want – getting your files, examining your messages, collecting personal data, et cetera. Backdoors often bring a supplementary stealer – the virus that is designed to gather all available data about you. However, much more popular use of the backdoors is establishing the botnet. Then, the network of attacked systems may be used to perform DDoS attacks or to inflate the poll results on various websites.
|Gain access to the operating system to perform various malicious actions.
|Trojan Cobaltstrike, Worm Alcan, Msil Quasar, Cur Malware, Trojan Msil Mamut, Hupigon, Luadream Malware, Pysilon Rat Malware
|See If Your System Has Been Affected by ImpacketExec backdoor
Shortly about backdoors
Backdoors are viruses that can acquire both separated and integrated shapes. One time you can find that an official program from a reputable developer has a functionality that makes it possible for someone to connect to your system. Will it be someone from the developers or a third party – nobody knows. But the scandal when this thing is spotted in a legitimate program is probably impossible to miss. There is additionally gossip that there is a hardware-based backdoor in Intel CPUs1.
Is HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA dangerous?
As I have actually mentioned , non-harmful malware does not exist. And HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA is not an exception. This backdoor does not deal a lot of damage exactly after it launches. Nevertheless, it will likely be a very unpleasant surprise when an occasional online forum or website in the Internet will not let you in, since your IP-address is disallowed after the DDoS attack. But even if it is not crucial for you – is it nice in any way to realize that someone can easily access your computer, read your conversations, open your files, and spectate what you do?
The spyware that is commonly present as a supplement to the HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA virus will be just one more reason to remove it as fast as you can. Nowadays, when users’ data is valued exceptionally high, it is too goofy to grant the crooks such a possibility. Even worse if the spyware will somehow handle to grab your financial information. Seeing 0 on your financial account is the most awful problem, in my thoughts.
Remove ImpacketExec with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Backdoors as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove ImpacketExec as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “ImpacketExec” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing ImpacketExec and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
What is HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA Virus?
Description: HackTool:Win32/ImpacketExec.SA is a toolkit based on Python programmed language, used in penetration testing. However, as it often happens with pen-testing utilities, it has become a great addition to hackers' toolset. Impacket may act as a backdoor malware, providing remote access, executing shell commands and allowing for lateral movement.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Backdoor
User Review( votes)
- Gossip about the backdoor in Intel processors on Reddit.