The Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB alert, is a sign that your PC has a problem. Allowing it to run may lead to some really bad consequences. Mamut detection stands for an array of remote access trojans, particularly zgRAT malware family.
Backdoors like Mamut are versatile threats that are able to act as autonomous malware, and be used in multi-stage attacks. Their key target is creating a remote access point to the infected system, that operates without the victim’s knowledge. To prevent any interruptions, this malware type tries to stay as low as possible.
Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB Detection Overview
The Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB detection you can see in the lower right side is displayed to you by Microsoft Defender. That anti-malware application is pretty good at scanning, however, prone to be basically unreliable. It is vulnerable to malware attacks, it has a glitchy interface and bugged malware clearing features. For this reason, the pop-up which states concerning the Mamut is rather just a notification that Defender has identified it. To remove it, you will likely need to make use of another anti-malware program.
The exact Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB virus is a very unpleasant thing. This malware is made to be a stealthy burglar, which acts as a remote-access tool. When you provide somebody remote access willingly, it is OK, but Mamut will not ask you if you wish to grant it. After connecting to your PC, crooks are able to do whatever they want – grabbing your files, browsing your messages, picking up personal info, and so on. Backdoors commonly bring an additional stealer – the virus that is designed to gather all available information about you. Nevertheless, a lot more prevalent use of the backdoors is creating the botnet. Then, the network of attacked computers may be used to perform DDoS attacks or to inflate the poll results on different sites.
|Damage||Gain access to the operating system to perform various malicious actions.|
|Similar||Luadream Malware, Pysilon Rat Malware, Sponsor Malware, Bladabindi, Loda Rat Malware, Rukap, Msil Eletgbot, Quiterat Malware|
|Fix Tool||See If Your System Has Been Affected by Mamut backdoor|
Shortly about backdoors
Backdoors are viruses that can acquire both separated and built-in shapes. Once you can discover that an official program from a widely known company has a capability that enables somebody to connect to your system. Will it be someone from the developers or a 3rd party – nobody knows. However, the scandal when this detail is uncovered in a legit program is almost impossible to miss. There is also chatter that there is a hardware-based backdoor in Intel CPUs1.
Is Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB dangerous?
As I have actually specified previously, non-harmful malware does not exist. And Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB is not an exclusion. This backdoor does not deal a lot of harm just after it introduces. Nevertheless, it will be a pretty unpleasant surprise when a random discussion forum or website in the Web will not let you in, since your IP-address is banned after the DDoS attack. However, even if it is not critical for you – is it enjoyable in any way to realize that someone can simply access your PC, check out your discussions, open your documents, and spectate what you do?
The spyware that is usually present as a supplement to the Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB malware will be just an additional argument to remove it as fast as you can. Nowadays, when users’ data is valued remarkably high, it is too silly to provide the criminals such a possibility. Even worse if the spyware will in some way handle to take your banking information. Seeing 0 on your bank account is the worst problem, in my judgement.
How did I get this virus?
It is not easy to trace the sources of malware on your computer. Nowadays, things are mixed, and distribution ways utilized by adware 5 years ago may be utilized by spyware nowadays. But if we abstract from the exact distribution method and will think about why it works, the reply will be pretty basic – low level of cybersecurity understanding. People press on ads on weird websites, click the pop-ups they receive in their browsers, call the “Microsoft tech support” thinking that the scary banner that states about malware is true. It is important to know what is legit – to avoid misunderstandings when trying to find out a virus.
Nowadays, there are two of the most widespread methods of malware spreading – bait emails and injection into a hacked program. While the first one is not so easy to avoid – you must know a lot to understand a counterfeit – the 2nd one is simple to handle: just don’t utilize hacked programs. Torrent-trackers and other sources of “free” applications (which are, exactly, paid, but with a disabled license checking) are really a giveaway point of malware. And Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB is just amongst them.
Remove Mamut with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Backdoors as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Mamut as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Mamut” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Mamut and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
What is Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB Virus?
Description: If you have seen a message showing the “Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB found”, it seems that your system is in trouble. The Mamut virus was detected, but to remove it, you need to use a security tool. Windows Defender, which has shown you this message, has detected the malware. However, Defender is not a reliable thing - it is prone to malfunction when it comes to malware removal. Getting the Trojan:MSIL/Mamut.AFYN!MTB malware on your PC is an unpleasant thing, and removing it as soon as possible must be your primary task.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Backdoor
User Review( votes)
- Gossip about the backdoor in Intel processors on Reddit.