The Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A alert means that your computer has a problem. Allowing it to run may end up with some really bad consequences. EletgBot delivers the crooks an easy access to your system, or even adds it to the botnet.
Backdoors like EletgBot are versatile threats that may act as self-sufficient malware, as well as be used in staged attacks. Their primary purpose is creating a remote connection to the computer, that functions without the owner’s knowledge. To prevent any interruptions, malware tries to stay as low as possible.
Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A Detection Overview
The Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A detection you can see in the lower right side is displayed to you by Microsoft Defender. That anti-malware application is good at scanning, but prone to be mainly unreliable. It is vulnerable to malware invasions, it has a glitchy interface and bugged malware removal features. Therefore, the pop-up which says about the EletgBot is simply an alert that Defender has found it. To remove it, you will likely need to make use of a separate anti-malware program.
The exact Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A virus is a really undesirable thing. This malware is created to be a sneaky intruder, which works as a remote-access tool. When you give somebody remote access willingly, it is okay, however, EletgBot will not ask you if you want to grant it. After connecting to your PC, criminals are free to do whatever they want – getting your files, reading your messages, picking up personal information, and so on. Backdoors commonly bring an additional stealer – the virus that is designed to pick up all available data about you. Nevertheless, far more prevalent use of the backdoors is creating the botnet. Then, the network of infected computers may be put to use to perform DDoS attacks or to inflate the poll results on various sites.
|Damage||Gain access to the operating system to perform various malicious actions.|
|Similar||Quiterat Malware, Imecab, Hacktool Python Remoteshell, Janelarat Malware, Double Rat Attacks, Win64 Repezor, Redsip, Trojan Irc|
|Fix Tool||See If Your System Has Been Affected by EletgBot backdoor|
Shortly about backdoors
Backdoors are viruses that can obtain both separated and incorporated forms. Once you can discover that a legit program from a well-known company has a capability that allows somebody to connect to your PC. Will it be somebody from the creators or a 3rd party – nobody knows. But the scandal when this detail is uncovered in a legitimate program is nearly impossible to miss. There is also chatter that there is a hardware-based backdoor in Intel CPUs1.
Is Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A dangerous?
As I have actually pointed out , non-harmful malware does not exist. And Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A is not an exclusion. This backdoor does not deal a many damage just after it introduces. However, it will likely be a really bad surprise when an occasional forum or site in the Web will not let you in, because your IP-address is disallowed after the DDoS attack. But even if it is not vital for you – is it pleasant in any way to realise that somebody can easily access your PC, check out your discussions, open your files, and spectate what you do?
The spyware that is often present as a supplement to the Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A virus will likely be just another reason to remove it as fast as you can. Nowadays, when users’ data is valued incredibly high, it is too goofy to give the criminals such an opportunity. Even worse if the spyware will somehow handle to take your financial information. Seeing 0 on your savings account is the most awful problem, in my point of view.
How did I get this virus?
It is difficult to line the sources of malware on your PC. Nowadays, things are mixed, and spreading methods chosen by adware 5 years ago may be utilized by spyware these days. But if we abstract from the exact spreading way and will think about why it works, the reply will be pretty basic – low level of cybersecurity knowledge. People click on promotions on weird sites, click the pop-ups they receive in their browsers, call the “Microsoft tech support” thinking that the scary banner that states about malware is true. It is essential to recognize what is legit – to prevent misconceptions when trying to identify a virus.
Nowadays, there are two of the most common tactics of malware distribution – lure e-mails and also injection into a hacked program. While the first one is not so easy to avoid – you must know a lot to understand a counterfeit – the second one is simple to handle: just do not utilize cracked applications. Torrent-trackers and various other providers of “free” applications (which are, exactly, paid, but with a disabled license checking) are just a giveaway point of malware. And Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A is simply amongst them.
Remove EletgBot with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Backdoors as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove EletgBot as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “EletgBot” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing EletgBot and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
What is Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A Virus?
Description: If you have seen a message showing the “Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A found”, it seems that your system is in trouble. The EletgBot virus was detected, but to remove it, you need to use a security tool. Windows Defender, which has shown you this message, has detected the malware. However, Defender is not a reliable thing - it is prone to malfunction when it comes to malware removal. Getting the Backdoor:MSIL/Eletgbot.A malware on your PC is an unpleasant thing, and removing it as soon as possible must be your primary task.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Backdoor
User Review( votes)
- Gossip about the backdoor in Intel processors on Reddit.