Seeing the Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B detection name means that your PC is in big danger. This malware can correctly be identified as ransomware – virus which ciphers your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some unusual steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It often shows up after the preliminary activities on your computer – opening the untrustworthy e-mail, clicking the banner in the Internet or setting up the program from suspicious sources. From the instance it shows up, you have a short time to act until it starts its destructive action. And be sure – it is better not to wait for these malicious effects.
What is Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B virus?
Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the files on your disk drives, ciphers it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your files inaccessible, this malware also does a ton of harm to your system. It alters the networking settings in order to avoid you from reading the elimination tutorials or downloading the anti-malware program. In rare cases, Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B can even prevent the setup of anti-malware programs.
In total, Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B virus actions in the infected computer are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Anomalous file deletion behavior detected (10+);
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Performs HTTP requests potentially not found in PCAP.;
- Enumerates running processes;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Harvests cookies for information gathering;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Harvests information related to installed instant messenger clients;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Encrypting the documents located on the victim’s drive — so the victim cannot check these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware apps
Ransomware has been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is hard to imagine a more dangerous virus for both individuals and organizations. The algorithms utilized in Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these horrible things immediately – it may take up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Thus, seeing the Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B detection is a clear signal that you must start the clearing process.
Where did I get the Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B?
Routine tactics of Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B spreading are typical for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing websites where victims are offered to download the free software, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait emails are a quite new strategy in malware distribution – you receive the email that simulates some regular notifications about shipments or bank service conditions modifications. Within the e-mail, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing site.
Avoiding it looks fairly simple, but still requires tons of attention. Malware can hide in different spots, and it is better to stop it even before it gets into your PC than to trust in an anti-malware program. General cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a great deal of money and time which you would certainly spend while seeking a solution.
Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B malware technical details
File Info:name: FBD7FF749D74291C1B10.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/c78a884106e41d8bb006d6ef70dedb4d873b79fca94ab9dd1c839329bb4d9f48crc32: DB59E904md5: fbd7ff749d74291c1b10a768863c6ba9sha1: f7deea11da88c72f5343480b49a3442c62cfd2c9sha256: c78a884106e41d8bb006d6ef70dedb4d873b79fca94ab9dd1c839329bb4d9f48sha512: 99ad90217b20ae8783def007dda2aaa4306237a9782dcfad37a4497da307581148ca2f5fa5faf8e97875f137bbff5f4ab1438e91ea3c9bb10f86f081bab1c4b6ssdeep: 12288:wdY810rQGDnN1//gUuU04nN2ZEuTgDm+hAYaTlqb:R810rQGrNF/DJQTAATxtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T122C412D17A01CA37C06CA0B59815D252A9AF7F381BA54487FB582FAD1F3D2E41F24F26sha3_384: af314492557693b1497a0f0bd699b7486d571d9c8fbc2b938813fdfd7d9c2d4ccb3a284fe65ed3d71144f415b683d933ep_bytes: e893280000e978feffffcccc8b4c2404timestamp: 2018-07-06 08:25:40
Version Info:InternalName: kozinokibi.exeLegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2019, vtdutyTranslation: 0x00c9 0x01c8
Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0054d3b31 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0054d3b31 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GSSQ|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B?
Trojan:Win32/Malgent.B malware is very difficult to delete manually. It places its files in several locations throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the elements. Moreover, numerous alterations in the windows registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are really hard to identify and revert to the initial. It is much better to utilize a specific app – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for virus elimination reasons.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really lightweight and has its databases updated almost every hour. Additionally, it does not have such problems and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these details makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware suitable for taking out malware of any kind.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)