If you see the message reporting that the Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml was located on your Windows PC, it is a reason to start a full scan and wipe this hazard out. But first, read about what that virus is and how you got it. Know the enemy by sight!
Does your antivirus regularly report about the “Wacatac”?
Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml virus has several differences compared to “classic” trojan viruses. It is usually distributed as a part of the program that looks 100% legit and has all declared functions. That’s why it has a “Script” remark in the detection name. The ability to be embedded into the program allows this virus to be attached to literally any program – all you need is access to the source code.
If you have actually seen a message showing the “Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml found”, it is surely worth to pay attention on it. This virus can correctly be classified as trojan-downloader (also known as “dropper”). That sort of malware is used to prepare the victim’s PC for payload injection. Under the “payload” term analysts usually mean a pack of various viruses, such as spyware, stealers, adware, browser hijackers or even ransomware. All these viruses carry significant danger for your privacy, and will surely make your PC usage experience much worse.
Exactly, the message “Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml Found” during the typical use of your computer does not mean that the Wacatac has completed its objective. Microsoft Defender, which showed you this notification, is embedded deeply in the system. He is able to detect malware on very early stages of infecting, so it acts as a very good sentinel. However, because of the troubles with the removal mechanism, Defender is often recommended to substitute with another anti-malware tool that is able to remove the detected Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.
Main symptoms of Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml presence
Viruses like Wacatac are designed to stay undetected as long as they can. The more time they have to act – the more viruses they can successfully inject. Hence, it is quite hard to understand that your computer is infected with Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml before you get the aforementioned notification from Microsoft Defender. Users who ignore that message will likely remember about it after discovering that their computer is full of various malware.
Regardless of the exact symptoms, you need to scan your device with the proper anti-malware software. Besides the aforementioned disadvantages, Microsoft Defender also has a problem with database updates. That antivirus tool cannot update its detections as other tools do. To apply the new databases, you need to install all past detection database updates, and get the newest ones, performing several reboots in the process. Because of such a long update cycle, Defender cannot provide the proper scanning functionality. GridinSoft Anti-Malware is able to detect the viruses at any moment, since its detection lists are updated every hour.
How to scan your PC for Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml?
Using the GridinSoft Anti-Malware, you can get rid of that virus in several clicks. However, malware creators have their own methods of counteraction. A lot of modern viruses are able to block the launching of installation files of popular anti-malware tools. GridinSoft’s program is among those tools. To prevent the virus launching, you need to reboot your system into the Safe Mode with Networking. Such a setting allows the usage of networking, but blocks the launching of all third-party software. The virus will not be able to launch and block the antivirus installation.
Use Safe Mode to fix the most complex Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml issues.
To launch your system in Safe Mode with Networking, open the Start menu. In that menu, press the Power icon, hold the “Shift” button and choose the Restart option.
You will see the Troubleshooting mode screen. In that Windows mode, system allows you to choose the system recovery options. Follow the instructions you see below.
After pressing the Safe Mode button, your computer will automatically restart into that mode. After these steps, you can perform the virus removal without any doubts.
Use Gridinsoft to remove Wacatac and other junkware.
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by pressing the button above. Install it to proceed the malware removal. Right after the installation program will offer you to start the Standard scan.
- Standard scan takes 3-6 minutes. It checks the disk where the system keeps its files. The majority of viruses place their files on that disk.
- After the scan is over, you can choose the action for each detected malicious item. For all dangerous viruses the default action is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to remove the viruses from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know My Windows 10 PC Has Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml?
There are many ways to tell if your Windows 10 computer has been infected. Some of the warning signs include:
- Computer is very slow.
- Applications take too long to start.
- Computer keeps crashing.
- Your friends receive spam messages from you on social media.
- You see a new extension that you did not install on your Chrome browser.
- Internet connection is slower than usual.
- Your computer fan starts up even when your computer is on idle.
- You are now seeing a lot of pop-up ads.
- You receive antivirus notifications.
Take note that the symptoms above could also arise from other technical reasons. However, to be on the safe side, we suggest that you proactively check whether you do have malicious software on your computer. One way to do that is by running a malware scanner.
How to scan my PC with Microsoft Defender?
Most of the time, Microsoft Defender will neutralize threats before they ever become a problem. If this is the case, you can see past threat reports in the Windows Security app.
- Open Windows Settings. The easiest way is to click the start button and then the gear icon. Alternately, you can press the Windows key + i on your keyboard.
- Click on Update & Security
- From here, you can see if your PC has any updates available under the Windows Update tab. This is also where you will see definition updates for Windows Defender if they are available.
- Select Windows Security and then click the button at the top of the page labeled Open Windows Security.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Select Scan options to get started.
- Select the radio button (the small circle) next to Windows Defender Offline scan Keep in mind, this option will take around 15 minutes if not more and will require your PC to restart. Be sure to save any work before proceeding.
- Click Scan now
If you want to save some time or your start menu isn’t working correctly, you can use Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box and type “windowsdefender” and then pressing enter.
From the Virus & protection page, you can see some stats from recent scans, including the latest type of scan and if any threats were found. If there were threats, you can select the Protection history link to see recent activity.
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml infection, please download the GridinSoft Anti-Malware that I recommended. Also, you can always ask me in the comments for getting help. Good luck!
I need your help to share this article.
It is your turn to help other people. I have written this guide to help users like you. You can use buttons below to share this on your favorite social media Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit.Wilbur Woodham
How to Remove Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml Malware
Description: If you have seen a message showing the “Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml found”, then it’s an item of excellent information! The pc virus Wacatac was detected and, most likely, erased. Such messages do not mean that there was a truly active Wacatac on your gadget. You could have simply downloaded and install a data that contained Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml, so Microsoft Defender automatically removed it before it was released and created the troubles. Conversely, the destructive script on the infected internet site can have been discovered as well as prevented prior to triggering any kind of issues.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Trojan
User Review( votes)