Seeing the Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB detection means that your PC is in big danger. This computer virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your system. It frequently appears after the preliminary activities on your computer – opening the dubious e-mail messages, clicking the banner in the Web or setting up the program from untrustworthy resources. From the moment it shows up, you have a short time to do something about it before it begins its destructive action. And be sure – it is better not to await these destructive actions.
What is Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disk drive, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this malware additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to prevent you from looking for the removal tutorials or downloading the anti-malware program. Sometimes, Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB can also block the launching of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB malware actions in the infected PC are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Guard pages use detected – possible anti-debugging.;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (255 unique times);
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Enumerates running processes;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to delete or modify volume shadow copies;
- CAPE detected the Conti malware family;
- Creates a known ContiV2 ransomware decryption instruction / key file.;
- Ciphering the documents kept on the victim’s disk — so the victim cannot use these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus programs
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus programs
Ransomware has been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is hard to imagine a more damaging virus for both individuals and businesses. The algorithms utilized in Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB (typically, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these unpleasant things immediately – it may take up to a few hours to cipher all of your documents. Hence, seeing the Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB detection is a clear signal that you need to begin the removal procedure.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB?
Common methods of Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB injection are typical for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing websites where users are offered to download the free program, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a relatively new method in malware distribution – you receive the email that simulates some normal notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions updates. Inside of the email, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks quite easy, however, still requires a lot of recognition. Malware can hide in different spots, and it is better to stop it even before it goes into your system than to rely upon an anti-malware program. Basic cybersecurity awareness is just an important thing in the modern world, even if your relationship with a PC remains on YouTube videos. That may keep you a great deal of money and time which you would certainly spend while trying to find a solution.
Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: D7DE1F5A581A8F7126DE.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/332690b41309c297ae8db8fc3ec793cfba5c00542549c12297e54059f39ad091crc32: 4A94C133md5: d7de1f5a581a8f7126de08ba0c4a44f9sha1: db69b789d78712a69b11bc2d312529b453e745f5sha256: 332690b41309c297ae8db8fc3ec793cfba5c00542549c12297e54059f39ad091sha512: a611fc4894cf4d7426b2e8ed95830649d20c846cdaa72ca5d6455d9c63a3e01240212de4e723e0ce1ed72941c08c4b8260f229d67469e201a69cc173adc5e4f0ssdeep: 3072:SVr3mFHO/Oi+3IrUzOHTC9fBPLrL6ek6uBSwjXoItjsTm7tTe5tDFwUKgvvvpCCI:S52ldT6HcBj6kuUu9sC5TenKEvECItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T190043984628D4BA4F56E987056E82D33599EB839079F99F7FBD1872409319C36B30F23sha3_384: 9a4409cf2579a1bd80d77bb179e668a1728ea2f67e5869bea96ba343abdafd93619b84146a0014947b6d1889851c16c8ep_bytes: e8c5020000e97afeffff558bec83ec0ctimestamp: 2022-05-02 16:12:45
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB also known as:
|malicious (high confidence)
|a variant of Win32/Filecoder.Conti.H
|Malicious (score: 100)
|Generic ML PUA (PUA)
|Static AI – Malicious PE
|malware (ai score=84)
|[email protected] (RDMK:cmRtazpbFL+GheP6U+CpNVRHWOOC)
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/Conti.AD!MTB malware is incredibly difficult to eliminate manually. It places its files in multiple locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. Additionally, numerous modifications in the windows registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are pretty hard to identify and revert to the initial. It is better to make use of a special program – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for malware elimination reasons.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is pretty lightweight and has its databases updated practically every hour. Moreover, it does not have such bugs and weakness as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware suitable for removing malware of any kind.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)