Spectating the MSIL/Grenam-A detection usually means that your computer is in big danger. This computer virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
MSIL/Grenam-A detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your computer. It frequently shows up after the preliminary actions on your PC – opening the untrustworthy email messages, clicking the banner in the Web or installing the program from dubious resources. From the moment it appears, you have a short time to take action until it begins its harmful activity. And be sure – it is better not to wait for these harmful actions.
What is MSIL/Grenam-A virus?
MSIL/Grenam-A is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disk drives, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your files locked, this malware also does a lot of damage to your system. It modifies the networking settings in order to avoid you from checking out the elimination guides or downloading the antivirus. Sometimes, MSIL/Grenam-A can additionally prevent the setup of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, MSIL/Grenam-A virus activities in the infected PC are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Guard pages use detected – possible anti-debugging.;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Enumerates the modules from a process (may be used to locate base addresses in process injection);
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Encrypting the documents kept on the victim’s disk drives — so the victim cannot use these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus programs
Ransomware has been a nightmare for the last 4 years. It is hard to picture a more harmful virus for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms utilized in MSIL/Grenam-A (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. But that malware does not do all these bad things immediately – it can take up to several hours to cipher all of your files. Therefore, seeing the MSIL/Grenam-A detection is a clear signal that you need to begin the clearing procedure.
Where did I get the MSIL/Grenam-A?
General tactics of MSIL/Grenam-A distribution are basic for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing websites where victims are offered to download the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a quite modern method in malware spreading – you get the email that mimics some normal notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions shifts. Within the e-mail, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a web link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks fairly uncomplicated, however, still demands a lot of recognition. Malware can hide in different spots, and it is better to prevent it even before it goes into your computer than to depend on an anti-malware program. Standard cybersecurity awareness is just an important item in the modern world, even if your interaction with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That may keep you a lot of money and time which you would certainly spend while searching for a fix guide.
MSIL/Grenam-A malware technical details
File Info:name: DCCA8F0064E2771E4383.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/204fc9a25f0d1b1aeb385047e172efb03b114aebc6ce040fcdf87860e14bca9acrc32: B1398153md5: dcca8f0064e2771e438320bd9f0df676sha1: 2dbe38cac2b5cbb1683be6d30a43a2bf08298c0asha256: 204fc9a25f0d1b1aeb385047e172efb03b114aebc6ce040fcdf87860e14bca9asha512: 7daebdc2b50e6d5fec3b99fe62d03ee6339f13a6015760045cd4bdfa5693f83db890607a8fe44f5708dfd309fe66f42c63b7d01c443fbfb7d40db9525d0cc705ssdeep: 1536:uPQc0IiI+7vAIIzuQ8Tr15WUkTdIOzq0ZD1nJvx/G1g5QAmzSETxb9:4Qc01zAf6QGkBIO20Zzvo1gqAzotype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1CA936B15E7DC4EA6C2EE06B890B3426547B1EC63E507E70F1ED874EA2C7339086527A7sha3_384: f1bdd0445b6ee7f02e233c9706c373c1ca4fb4743b0b1cf84c796d86da906b1cd69ba14aaa54c447f590bb06540fa880ep_bytes: ff250020400000000000000000000000timestamp: 2012-06-02 12:12:48
Version Info:CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationFileDescription: Microsoft Network Realtime Inspection ServiceFileVersion: 4.18.1911.3 (WinBuild.160101.0800)InternalName: NisSrv.exeLegalCopyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.OriginalFilename: NisSrv.exeProductName: Microsoft® Windows® Operating SystemProductVersion: 4.18.1911.3Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0
MSIL/Grenam-A also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Agent.EF|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
How to remove MSIL/Grenam-A?
MSIL/Grenam-A malware is incredibly difficult to erase by hand. It places its files in several locations throughout the disk, and can get back itself from one of the parts. Moreover, countless changes in the registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are really hard to discover and change to the initial. It is better to make use of a special app – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for virus removal objectives.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really lightweight and has its detection databases updated practically every hour. Moreover, it does not have such problems and exposures as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware suitable for taking out malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)