Spectating the Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] detection name usually means that your system is in big danger. This computer virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some peculiar steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your computer. It usually appears after the provoking activities on your computer – opening the dubious e-mail messages, clicking the advertisement in the Web or installing the program from unreliable resources. From the moment it shows up, you have a short time to do something about it until it starts its malicious action. And be sure – it is much better not to wait for these harmful things.
What is Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] virus?
Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your disks, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your files inaccessible, this malware additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It alters the networking setups in order to stop you from looking for the removal guidelines or downloading the antivirus. Sometimes, Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] can also prevent the launching of anti-malware programs.
Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] Summary
In summary, Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] ransomware activities in the infected computer are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Created a process from a suspicious location;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Ciphering the files located on the victim’s drive — so the victim cannot check these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus programs
Ransomware has been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is challenging to picture a more damaging malware for both individuals and corporations. The algorithms used in Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these terrible things instantly – it can require up to a few hours to cipher all of your documents. Thus, seeing the Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] detection is a clear signal that you need to begin the removal process.
Where did I get the Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp]?
Ordinary methods of Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] distribution are basic for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing web pages where users are offered to download the free software, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a relatively modern strategy in malware spreading – you receive the e-mail that simulates some routine notifications about shipments or bank service conditions changes. Inside of the e-mail, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a web link which leads to the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks pretty easy, but still needs tons of recognition. Malware can hide in different spots, and it is better to prevent it even before it goes into your PC than to depend on an anti-malware program. Common cybersecurity knowledge is just an important item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That can save you a lot of time and money which you would spend while searching for a solution.
Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] malware technical details
File Info:name: AED9AC49B10A75D54F37.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/b9c4b1ecaa15631735cd56ac3c70a2492b2ebc052aa1b3187178765e508e2678crc32: 2883A59Dmd5: aed9ac49b10a75d54f37079b18c11153sha1: e6561522623e3aff12f806bed88eb326b78af7e1sha256: b9c4b1ecaa15631735cd56ac3c70a2492b2ebc052aa1b3187178765e508e2678sha512: 884b54e49967cd86340a961b689ba22f2c064081c3109336221a3d4a9119e844543c575d813a03435c24ea19014e7fa67d7327e277c6d5dae807870b87c1412cssdeep: 768:ysUHredWiMB8fvCwgxOmegjHoloEDe8KzfPc7yTRIhE0WReReReReRefzQ6WOlNy:3e+keiwuEEI2z8ys7ydIhE0N86xbXtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T115737CC469DA57F2EE1B313B59B90934152D2C1C044359EACAADEF2EEC5C732D90A378sha3_384: dfadf08be9a862f828779ebb1bb161b233ea17ef4e7737db3ca72f9b2353b2b51a05b1ea6f26cdc6246d14f58f3f438fep_bytes: 5589e583ec08c7042402000000ff1574timestamp: 2013-01-02 11:29:44
Version Info:CompanyName: FileVersion: FileDescription: InternalName: LegalCopyright: LegalTrademarks: OriginalFilename: ProductName: ProductVersion: Translation: 0x041c 0x04e4
Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0040f03f1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0040f03f1 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp]?
Win32:MalOb-KU [Cryp] malware is incredibly difficult to delete by hand. It stores its data in several places throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. Additionally, a range of modifications in the registry, networking setups and also Group Policies are really hard to locate and change to the initial. It is better to use a special program – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for virus removal objectives.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very light-weight and has its detection databases updated nearly every hour. Moreover, it does not have such bugs and exploits as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for getting rid of malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)