Seeing the Win32:Karagany detection means that your PC is in big danger. This malware can correctly be identified as ransomware – type of malware which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some unusual steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Win32:Karagany detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It often appears after the provoking procedures on your computer – opening the untrustworthy email messages, clicking the banner in the Web or installing the program from dubious sources. From the moment it appears, you have a short time to do something about it before it starts its malicious action. And be sure – it is far better not to wait for these destructive actions.
What is Win32:Karagany virus?
Win32:Karagany is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disk drive, ciphers it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this virus additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It changes the networking settings in order to avoid you from looking for the elimination manuals or downloading the anti-malware program. Sometimes, Win32:Karagany can additionally prevent the setup of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Win32:Karagany virus actions in the infected system are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Performs HTTP requests potentially not found in PCAP.;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Installs an hook procedure to monitor for mouse events;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the files kept on the target’s disk drive — so the victim cannot use these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has been a nightmare for the last 4 years. It is difficult to imagine a more damaging virus for both individuals and companies. The algorithms used in Win32:Karagany (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these horrible things without delay – it can require up to several hours to cipher all of your files. Therefore, seeing the Win32:Karagany detection is a clear signal that you need to start the removal procedure.
Where did I get the Win32:Karagany?
Typical ways of Win32:Karagany spreading are basic for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing web pages where users are offered to download the free program, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a pretty new tactic in malware spreading – you get the e-mail that simulates some normal notifications about shippings or bank service conditions updates. Within the email, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing site.
Avoiding it looks pretty simple, however, still demands tons of awareness. Malware can hide in different spots, and it is better to stop it even before it goes into your PC than to trust in an anti-malware program. Essential cybersecurity awareness is just an essential item in the modern-day world, even if your relationship with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That may keep you a lot of money and time which you would spend while searching for a fix guide.
Win32:Karagany malware technical details
File Info:name: ACFB18C0F01E25F7B67C.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/6144f955f35addc613fd736fe70f5c14b3d99f8199237e4db8f363d654576454crc32: 78873E3Cmd5: acfb18c0f01e25f7b67c668a735bf9b7sha1: 520cc87d78d51f5aea6752c99217ecae9a1096absha256: 6144f955f35addc613fd736fe70f5c14b3d99f8199237e4db8f363d654576454sha512: 30a21d92666d306dc107c0fa633b0d1eb68bea08d07279f94dba0c0fbaa448b8f1d20239f784c73119f3227610996508e9ebdda5e7c7573cb30d6e3b5df76fccssdeep: 3072:LPwDfVJN2qsUaM9XBzde38vRszEZiIMgh/l+q//kZM:TwDfDN2dUaMbPRszEwILR/8qtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T17CC38C3FF7102A6FF923993FE8180593E21C757F039E3481C9067E746266A3A5A6D918sha3_384: f345bc6e9a65f7c7c0e06c090628a11f30e1f1d11e65acf4a96e680f3f7bbde61d737a7b98255efa32997c5ac2a69828ep_bytes: 558bec83ec7cc745e400000000c745f4timestamp: 2012-11-19 16:18:17
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32:Karagany also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0040f1aa1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0040f1aa1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Troj/Zbot-DHN|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32:Karagany?
Win32:Karagany malware is extremely hard to erase manually. It places its documents in numerous locations throughout the disk, and can get back itself from one of the parts. Furthermore, various changes in the registry, networking setups and also Group Policies are fairly hard to identify and revert to the initial. It is better to make use of a specific app – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for malware removal goals.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is pretty light-weight and has its detection databases updated just about every hour. Furthermore, it does not have such problems and exploits as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for getting rid of malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)