What is Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV infection?
In this post you will certainly locate concerning the definition of Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV and also its unfavorable impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the cases, Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV infection will instruct its sufferers to start funds move for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (172 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Unconventionial binary language: Polish;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Polish;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers situated on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels whereby Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV Ransomware are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of customer ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or stop the device from functioning in an appropriate manner – while also putting a ransom note that discusses the requirement for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the first condition. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV distribution channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV expands by leaps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom quantity might differ relying on certain neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s device. The alert then demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a police establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other illegal data on the gadget.
Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV popup alert might incorrectly assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will report having situated child porn or other prohibited data on the device. The alert will similarly consist of a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 22359914md5: 3cf83ee9b1eca7399241843618e9ea5ename: exe1.exesha1: 06e41c2587ab8235c6782cf1af589099a6242666sha256: f5be23df0cfd529674c9939bf11e4d0f61693f898cf989e7b7acf62202c0874esha512: eeb6ea9a7c9c8b794a5603238c07f701b389bf9594be849f38ae500b41615231f9728c48586895d6c4912c1ecad6076a19b88631cbfde2e31ceb45087afab36dssdeep: 6144:C9oXC7GqcqR9SptLvc6JYVdz6zxV7roeS1SDDqexyBnbjcB8cxBdtcwCcML8mX/2:ZiG7e9SpJvcoYPIzfU1SryRUXxztcdyZtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2001-2015 by (Canada) Ltd.InternalName: PDF-Change FileVersion: 2.5.0314FileDescription: PDF-Change SpecialBuild: CompanyName: polionLegalTrademarks: Tracker (Canada) Ltd.Comments: PDF-Change ProductName: PDF-ChangeProductVersion: 2.5 PrivateBuild: OriginalFilename: polion.exeTranslation: 0x0415 0x04e2
Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0050e3561 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0050e3561 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the install-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)