What is Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate about the definition of Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
Most of the instances, Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn ransomware will advise its sufferers to start funds transfer for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction;
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (237 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial binary language: Polish;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Polish;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Ciphering the records located on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more use the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most typical networks where Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that holds a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the tool from operating in a correct manner – while also positioning a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the initial condition. In many instances, the ransom note will show up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn circulation networks.
In numerous edges of the world, Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn grows by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal web content.
In countries where software piracy is less popular, this technique is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn popup alert may incorrectly assert to be originating from a police establishment and will report having situated kid porn or various other illegal information on the device.
Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn popup alert might wrongly assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated kid porn or other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way include a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 22359914md5: 3cf83ee9b1eca7399241843618e9ea5ename: exe1.exesha1: 06e41c2587ab8235c6782cf1af589099a6242666sha256: f5be23df0cfd529674c9939bf11e4d0f61693f898cf989e7b7acf62202c0874esha512: eeb6ea9a7c9c8b794a5603238c07f701b389bf9594be849f38ae500b41615231f9728c48586895d6c4912c1ecad6076a19b88631cbfde2e31ceb45087afab36dssdeep: 6144:C9oXC7GqcqR9SptLvc6JYVdz6zxV7roeS1SDDqexyBnbjcB8cxBdtcwCcML8mX/2:ZiG7e9SpJvcoYPIzfU1SryRUXxztcdyZtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2001-2015 by (Canada) Ltd.InternalName: PDF-Change FileVersion: 2.5.0314FileDescription: PDF-Change SpecialBuild: CompanyName: polionLegalTrademarks: Tracker (Canada) Ltd.Comments: PDF-Change ProductName: PDF-ChangeProductVersion: 2.5 PrivateBuild: OriginalFilename: polion.exeTranslation: 0x0415 0x04e2
Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0050e3561 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0050e3561 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the install-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)