What is Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb infection?
In this post you will certainly discover regarding the meaning of Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb and also its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the situations, Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb ransomware will certainly instruct its targets to start funds move for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction;
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (230 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial binary language: Polish;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Polish;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Ciphering the records found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most regular channels whereby Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of customer winding up on a source that hosts a destructive software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the tool from working in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the victims to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the papers or recovering the file system back to the first condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary relying on specific local (local) setups. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding illegal material.
In nations where software program piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb popup alert might incorrectly claim to be stemming from a law enforcement organization and will report having located youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the device.
Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb popup alert may falsely assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization as well as will report having situated child pornography or various other illegal information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way include a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 22359914md5: 3cf83ee9b1eca7399241843618e9ea5ename: exe1.exesha1: 06e41c2587ab8235c6782cf1af589099a6242666sha256: f5be23df0cfd529674c9939bf11e4d0f61693f898cf989e7b7acf62202c0874esha512: eeb6ea9a7c9c8b794a5603238c07f701b389bf9594be849f38ae500b41615231f9728c48586895d6c4912c1ecad6076a19b88631cbfde2e31ceb45087afab36dssdeep: 6144:C9oXC7GqcqR9SptLvc6JYVdz6zxV7roeS1SDDqexyBnbjcB8cxBdtcwCcML8mX/2:ZiG7e9SpJvcoYPIzfU1SryRUXxztcdyZtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2001-2015 by (Canada) Ltd.InternalName: PDF-Change FileVersion: 2.5.0314FileDescription: PDF-Change SpecialBuild: CompanyName: polionLegalTrademarks: Tracker (Canada) Ltd.Comments: PDF-Change ProductName: PDF-ChangeProductVersion: 2.5 PrivateBuild: OriginalFilename: polion.exeTranslation: 0x0415 0x04e2
Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0050e3561 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0050e3561 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.AHIV|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the install-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Win32.Poweliks.zwb you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)