Seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB malware detection usually means that your system is in big danger. This virus can correctly be named as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some peculiar steps that must be done as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It frequently shows up after the preliminary activities on your PC – opening the untrustworthy email messages, clicking the banner in the Internet or setting up the program from unreliable sources. From the instance it shows up, you have a short time to act before it starts its malicious activity. And be sure – it is much better not to await these harmful effects.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your computer, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this virus also does a lot of harm to your system. It changes the networking setups in order to prevent you from looking for the elimination articles or downloading the antivirus. In rare cases, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB can even prevent the setup of anti-malware programs.
In total, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB virus activities in the infected system are next:
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Encrypting the files located on the victim’s drive — so the victim cannot open these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus programs
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus apps
Ransomware has actually been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is challenging to imagine a more dangerous malware for both individuals and businesses. The algorithms used in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. But that malware does not do all these unpleasant things without delay – it may require up to several hours to cipher all of your files. Therefore, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB detection is a clear signal that you have to start the elimination procedure.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB?
Usual tactics of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB distribution are basic for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing sites where victims are offered to download and install the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a pretty modern tactic in malware spreading – you receive the email that simulates some regular notifications about shipments or bank service conditions updates. Within the email, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks pretty easy, however, still needs tons of attention. Malware can hide in various places, and it is much better to stop it even before it invades your PC than to depend on an anti-malware program. Standard cybersecurity awareness is just an important thing in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That can save you a lot of money and time which you would certainly spend while trying to find a solution.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 05D3067440DD59921F50.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/f7be6dac77b695b3937b65c25b624a265a2c1b5ceb5acfd025494889170813c2crc32: A1F1AF5Amd5: 05d3067440dd59921f50831403b9b6c8sha1: 6d419626284f72c74a1f9aec5405275aa8d92fb0sha256: f7be6dac77b695b3937b65c25b624a265a2c1b5ceb5acfd025494889170813c2sha512: 1ec0f27ca0c0db8e5397782631da08ee84c46bf3ed40bfff4cb9519a8fa7695ac2e2aa9038aa0984cc1cc9eded6a9fb892c0ecb08a34c2035c3da7e7fc287a4bssdeep: 12288:/lcAsg1dIp5lgbRLROP+lT2KslVh08RfLKhYPBGo0RBha:GgzclgbnOIiKwgSLAgGo0Thtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1C894021279A0C072E667943C9424D2E01E7FB86376A6DE5B73643B6F3D312C25A79307sha3_384: 8729d9acf63ddc955e07a3f441191b9e8998b598112561238ba231a6fe13e5aa9929bea2dffbd1f23da3bba467b7ceceep_bytes: e85a3c0000e979feffffe83700000086timestamp: 2022-08-20 05:11:55
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB also known as:
|malicious (high confidence)
|Malicious (score: 100)
|Generic ML PUA (PUA)
|Static AI – Malicious PE
|[email protected] (RDML:nCeRnxdOAQsYzZ85gRb7+A)
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB malware is very hard to eliminate by hand. It puts its files in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can get back itself from one of the elements. Additionally, various alterations in the windows registry, networking setups and Group Policies are really hard to find and change to the initial. It is far better to make use of a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for malware elimination goals.
Remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Trojans as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.LAT!MTB and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
User Review( votes)