Seeing the P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent detection means that your system is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – virus which ciphers your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some unusual steps that must be done as soon as possible.
P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It generally shows up after the provoking actions on your PC – opening the suspicious e-mail messages, clicking the advertisement in the Web or installing the program from suspicious resources. From the instance it appears, you have a short time to act before it starts its destructive activity. And be sure – it is far better not to wait for these harmful things.
What is P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent virus?
P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the files on your computer, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this virus additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It modifies the networking settings in order to avoid you from looking for the elimination tutorials or downloading the antivirus. In some cases, P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent can additionally block the launching of anti-malware programs.
In total, P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent ransomware actions in the infected system are next:
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Ciphering the files kept on the target’s disk — so the victim cannot check these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus apps
Ransomware has actually been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is hard to imagine a more dangerous malware for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms used in P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these horrible things instantly – it may take up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Therefore, seeing the P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent detection is a clear signal that you have to begin the removal process.
Where did I get the P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent?
General tactics of P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent injection are typical for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing sites where users are offered to download the free software, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a quite new strategy in malware distribution – you receive the e-mail that mimics some routine notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions modifications. Inside of the email, there is an infected MS Office file, or a web link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks pretty simple, but still needs a lot of awareness. Malware can hide in various spots, and it is better to prevent it even before it invades your computer than to depend on an anti-malware program. Standard cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential thing in the modern world, even if your relationship with a PC remains on YouTube videos. That may keep you a lot of time and money which you would certainly spend while seeking a fix guide.
P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent malware technical details
File Info:name: C2E187B1C83607686CE7.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/8c8a3d4175a3396e667454bb060bf9c4b1e840c601b76d5a5fa374b8da4d8608crc32: E81F227Emd5: c2e187b1c83607686ce7cbcd37ec9e21sha1: c8b2a245fec2f78c6a53ecdb1ea76d14cc3fb8cdsha256: 8c8a3d4175a3396e667454bb060bf9c4b1e840c601b76d5a5fa374b8da4d8608sha512: b713e969208088d80c16e888dbb58487d4aa005899786d72a5a01f84f89ba8d0d0b3860424ed10a270d730caf8fb73a8a0607cd3380da259ec2d90b73ec97719ssdeep: 192:LcNiHMnx2nCxK3xeZQVU6aBWqDE045HQl7W+:5HMnI2ZNDE045HU7type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1A6521BB165AED2D0FA9C45BBC42C8BC245957D2CDF019283D05AA60CAEF4D8435E37AFsha3_384: 035d3a550d4aced1fb5ad09a370877b6d7f853e860ec7d7df89c827286e2e2efcfc2f7e78c1df7fcf6ec96175893caa7ep_bytes: 5053b899040000b9984440008a1980ebtimestamp: 2007-07-24 01:52:49
Version Info:0: [No Data]
P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent also known as:
|malicious (high confidence)
|Trojan ( 0059befd1 )
|Trojan ( 0059befd1 )
|a variant of Win32/Adware_AGen.H
|Malicious (score: 100)
|Static AI – Malicious PE
|malware (ai score=86)
|[email protected] (RDML:W8iySBhc+uFiiYpTWEVkzQ)
How to remove P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent?
P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent malware is very hard to delete by hand. It puts its documents in numerous places throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the parts. Moreover, various modifications in the registry, networking setups and Group Policies are quite hard to find and revert to the initial. It is better to utilize a special tool – exactly, an anti-malware tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for malware removal reasons.
Remove P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Trojans as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing P2P-Worm.Win32.Convagent and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
User Review( votes)