Atom logger, a budget-friendly malware, spreads through deceptive emails, infected websites, and fake software updates. It discreetly captures keystrokes, visited sites, chats, and more, transmitting logs via SMTP.
Atom provides real-time notifications for swift activation alerts. With advanced features like process termination, IP tracking, and the execution of external applications, Keylogger facilitates extensive, unauthorized system monitoring and data extraction. Despite being referred to as a keylogger, it is in fact a multi-purpose threat with capabilities that go far beyond keylogging.
Atom serves as a cost-effective keylogging solution crafted for novice hackers and criminals. It prides itself on capturing a range of data, including keystrokes, visited websites, chats, instant messages, emails, screenshots, and more. This keylogger finds promotion and is up for sale on clandestine cybercrime forums frequented by hackers and scammers. Priced at a mere $15, Atom logger offers an economical choice, making it accessible for criminals working within budget constraints.
|Threat Type||Keylogger, Information Stealer|
|Symptoms||Atom logger is designed to stealthily infiltrate the victim’s computer and remain silent, and thus no particular symptoms are clearly visible on an infected machine.|
|Similar Behavior||Luca, S1deload, WhiskerSpy|
|Damage||Stolen passwords and banking information, identity theft, monetary loss, system instability,|
|Fix Tool||See If Your System Has Been Affected by Atom Virus|
Technical Analysis of Atom Keylogger
Atom logger stands out for its extensive feature set tailored to the clandestine needs of hackers and malicious entities. This logger discreetly transmits logs through the SMTP protocol, facilitating the covert exchange of sensitive data. What distinguishes Atom logger is its real-time notification capability upon new executions, ensuring swift alerts for cybercriminals when the logger activates. This feature enhances its utility for stealthy monitoring.
Beyond basic keystroke recording, Atom logger incorporates advanced functions like process termination, allowing attackers to halt specific processes such as
taskmgr.exe. This control element provides manipulation over the target system, underscoring the tool’s versatility in the hands of cybercriminals. Moreover, this keylogger facilitates tracking target IP addresses, blacklisting specific keywords for immediate notifications, and executing external applications through the “RUN EXECUTABLE” feature. This variety of tools enables discreet data extraction and system manipulation.
To disseminate malware, cybercriminals frequently resort to deceptive tactics. They send misleading emails, masquerading as trustworthy sources, luring users to click on malicious links or download infected attachments. Malware can also infiltrate systems when users visit infected websites or engage with content hosting malicious ads.
Moreover, cybercriminals exploit unsuspecting users by generating fake prompts for software updates, tricking them into downloading malware disguised as legitimate updates. Hidden malware often accompanies free software or files shared on peer-to-peer networks and similar platforms. Additionally, threat actors employ pirated software, cracking tools, or key generators as conduits for malware distribution.
How to remove the Atom Keylogger from my PC?
The most effective approach to malware removal from your device involves utilizing anti-malware software. I recommend GridinSoft Anti-Malware as it offers a rapid, lightweight, and highly efficient security solution capable of effectively thwarting a wide range of threats, including Atom. You can explore its capabilities during a 6-day free trial period.
While manual removal of the threat is technically possible, I strongly discourage this method. In its pursuit of establishing persistence, Malware generates numerous instances of itself, making it exceedingly difficult to trace all its components manually. Consequently, manual removal can be time-consuming and often yield minimal to no results. Below, I have assembled a guide outlining the most effective removal practices for Atom.
Remove Atom with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Stealers as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Atom as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Atom” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Atom and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Reformatting your storage device should only be considered as a last resort for removing Atom malware. Prior to taking such drastic action, it is advisable to perform a comprehensive scan using trustworthy antivirus or anti-malware software.
Malware poses a significant risk to the security and privacy of sensitive information, potentially leading to identity theft, financial loss, and unauthorized access to personal accounts. Furthermore, it can disrupt the normal operation of a system, causing performance issues, system crashes, and data corruption.
The purpose of Atom is to enable remote access and control of compromised devices. It allows threat actors to perform various malicious activities, such as unauthorized access, data theft, system manipulation, and disabling security measures, potentially causing significant harm to individuals and organizations.
Gridinsoft Anti-Malware has the ability to identify and eliminate most malware infections. Nevertheless, it is crucial to recognize that sophisticated malware can remain hidden deep within the system. Consequently, conducting a complete system scan is imperative to detect and eradicate malware.
How to Remove Atom Malware
Description: Atom logger, a cost-effective malware, employs deceptive emails, infected websites, and fraudulent software updates for dissemination. This insidious tool goes beyond basic keylogging, offering real-time activation alerts and advanced functions such as process termination and IP tracking. Its versatility allows attackers to manipulate target systems, executing external applications and facilitating discreet data extraction. With features like clipboard logging, FTP delivery, autostart integration, and the ability to set custom assembly information, Atom logger emerges as a potent and comprehensive threat, embodying the evolving landscape of cybercrime with its sophisticated spreading methods and multifaceted actions.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Malware
User Review( votes)