What is Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] infection?
In this post you will find regarding the meaning of Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] and its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] infection will advise its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s gadget.
Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] Summary
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Compression (or decompression);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Starts servers listening on 127.0.0.1:27709;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Behavior consistent with a dropper attempting to download the next stage.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates Zeus (Banking Trojan) mutexes;
- Zeus P2P (Banking Trojan);
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records found on the victim’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical channels through which Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a source that hosts a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or avoid the device from operating in an appropriate way – while likewise putting a ransom money note that states the demand for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] circulation networks.
In various edges of the globe, Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] grows by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on certain local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on specific regional (regional) settings.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal material.
In countries where software program piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] popup alert may falsely assert to be originating from a police establishment and also will report having located child porn or other prohibited data on the gadget.
Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization and will report having located kid porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way have a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 3C09C15Fmd5: cf4b4f55010eb22bc4b9c90b25db1b74name: CF4B4F55010EB22BC4B9C90B25DB1B74.mlwsha1: 31647be4f9e2b3c1507ab0b31f061b00d101c3edsha256: 69f1d4bf1cb474a750d324af1173575308dbf109636d382eb80c31a3342a5b55sha512: cbdc48927e3711592116ef6016ff52646349a98e420617cd781c96eeab44bbd70350b294247af1d9c63c952139bfc14aa878143700cbddc686670da35e09f415ssdeep: 6144:miWpMQwHHPvuqxZbF9dnF+FLkOSvx214dvYJP5X:KpPwH+udnF+5kOwE1qvYJRtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 x41ax43ex440x43fx43ex440x430x446x438x44f x41cx430x439x43ax440x43ex441x43ex444x442. x412x441x435 x43fx440x430x432x430 x437x430x449x438x449x435x43dx44b.InternalName: NETDDE.EXEFileVersion: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)CompanyName: x41ax43ex440x43fx43ex440x430x446x438x44f x41cx430x439x43ax440x43ex441x43ex444x442ProductName: x41ex43fx435x440x430x446x438x43ex43dx43dx430x44f x441x438x441x442x435x43cx430 Microsoftxae WindowsxaeProductVersion: 5.1.2600.2180FileDescription: x421x432x44fx437x438 x434x43bx44f x441x435x442x435x432x43ex433x43e DDEOriginalFilename: NETDDE.EXETranslation: 0x0419 0x04b0
Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 0055e3db1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 0055e3db1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/EncPk-AIS|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32:Qakbot-AC [Trj] you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)