What is Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn infection?
In this post you will find regarding the meaning of Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn ransomware will advise its targets to launch funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Turkish;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks whereby Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that hosts a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the device from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while likewise placing a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the data system back to the preliminary condition. In most instances, the ransom note will show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn circulation channels.
In different edges of the globe, Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending upon certain regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain regional (local) setups.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful material.
In nations where software program piracy is much less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn popup alert might incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having located kid pornography or other unlawful information on the device.
Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn popup alert may falsely assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution and will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will likewise include a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: C044A81Dmd5: 1429ce0332be8b3c48d1ba31ed6ec7e0name: 1429CE0332BE8B3C48D1BA31ED6EC7E0.mlwsha1: 99f852a9dfd15ca477e6310480d3f8deec7fa8basha256: 3a147957dc9e1dd118edcc9e297c58d6b4a0550bcf8bbe237b4ba26a7ed998d0sha512: 32d82e538af42e0b24d072c99591ba1f595a563c831706c3105e44bb18a6ea425021020d584c5ced3c65880e5e1c32e58f0744b60a7e8ee165cba3001aff5d6cssdeep: 12288:aMSApJVYG5lDLyjsb0eOzkv4R7QnvUUilQ35+6G75V9IUr:ansJ39LyjbJkQFMhmC+6GD9Xtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: InternalName: FileVersion: 22.214.171.124CompanyName: SynapticsLegalTrademarks: Comments: ProductName: Synaptics Pointing Device DriverProductVersion: 126.96.36.199FileDescription: Synaptics Pointing Device DriverOriginalFilename: Translation: 0x041f 0x04e6
Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 000112511 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 000112511 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=73)|
How to remove Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)