What is Win32/Kryptik.HKOM infection?
In this post you will locate about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.HKOM and also its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online frauds to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.HKOM virus will certainly advise its victims to launch funds transfer for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (6 unique times);
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Tatar;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Looks up the external IP address;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to access Bitcoin/ALTCoin wallets;
- Harvests information related to installed instant messenger clients;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents located on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks whereby Win32/Kryptik.HKOM are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a source that holds a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the gadget from functioning in a correct fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom note that points out the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the papers or recovering the file system back to the initial problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.HKOM distribution networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.HKOM expands by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending upon certain regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain regional (regional) settings.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful content.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.HKOM popup alert may falsely declare to be stemming from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having situated child pornography or other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.HKOM popup alert might falsely claim to be acquiring from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having situated kid porn or various other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will similarly have a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 6EE4B006md5: dfb6f96342fc5ac3e57338c8bd2061aename: DFB6F96342FC5AC3E57338C8BD2061AE.mlwsha1: b6c9d7cccf701c2c14c28ca2115feaf216c27ec8sha256: 15c65f4a42518ca6cb19fbab258b09ed43f79d111e20af2efb69bf855637909bsha512: 93383936241a6a21016982d09d28f231d72ebaebaeb88308955e53d49366f510d40f466782c97c23dbfda851390979489a0bdceedc1710acd335f7231c4376c4ssdeep: 6144:Tf3RzWgPCkdDu5OWrEHU/bN1p/wGT8DN7XlQD3eFGRR:TvRzWWCkNurvbNf/9TCtl23eItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:InternalNames: galimatimotFileVersions: 22.214.171.124LegalCopyrights: WsekdeProductVersion: 126.96.36.199Translations: 0x0138 0x1823
Win32/Kryptik.HKOM also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005748ab1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005748ab1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HKOM|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Kryptik-TR|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HKOM virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HKOM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HKOM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)