Spectating the Trojan.Miuref detection means that your computer is in big danger. This virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – type of malware which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some unusual steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Trojan.Miuref detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It generally shows up after the provoking activities on your PC – opening the dubious e-mail messages, clicking the advertisement in the Internet or setting up the program from unreliable sources. From the second it appears, you have a short time to act until it begins its harmful action. And be sure – it is far better not to await these harmful actions.
What is Trojan.Miuref virus?
Trojan.Miuref is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disk, ciphers it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this virus also does a ton of damage to your system. It changes the networking setups in order to avoid you from reading the removal guidelines or downloading the antivirus. In rare cases, Trojan.Miuref can also stop the setup of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, Trojan.Miuref virus activities in the infected system are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Creates RWX memory;
- Guard pages use detected – possible anti-debugging.;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Enumerates running processes;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Detects Bochs through the presence of a registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempted to write directly to a physical drive;
- Accessed credential storage registry keys;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s disk drives — so the victim cannot use these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware apps
Ransomware has actually been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is hard to realize a more hazardous malware for both individual users and companies. The algorithms utilized in Trojan.Miuref (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these unpleasant things immediately – it can take up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Therefore, seeing the Trojan.Miuref detection is a clear signal that you should start the clearing process.
Where did I get the Trojan.Miuref?
Ordinary methods of Trojan.Miuref distribution are usual for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing sites where users are offered to download the free program, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a relatively new strategy in malware spreading – you receive the email that mimics some regular notifications about shippings or bank service conditions shifts. Within the e-mail, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks quite easy, but still needs a lot of awareness. Malware can hide in various spots, and it is far better to prevent it even before it gets into your PC than to rely on an anti-malware program. Basic cybersecurity knowledge is just an important thing in the modern-day world, even if your relationship with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a lot of money and time which you would spend while trying to find a solution.
Trojan.Miuref malware technical details
File Info:name: 296B90D208D87A2E5569.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/effc95e14654d1f0602a7d2218f078eaafc7197f072c332b95200f6ae9a45ef8crc32: A633C236md5: 296b90d208d87a2e5569d1b95cf60ae1sha1: e5ac62fac7e0f799db0b71654c1ffd5bcd128d22sha256: effc95e14654d1f0602a7d2218f078eaafc7197f072c332b95200f6ae9a45ef8sha512: eb3f118d93039721fb9384da1c99f9705c0e2d438f4e55f78ddaf8b028918f31d45a1a2c714a2fc415a119fb71bb2fee3f498ba18c4d61dc8aa70ee6f34e7586ssdeep: 1536:1qv2lCCcfSJa03YkOynYHwmrSQGwAzlUtI02:Yv20pj0okOyUw4SQGwCU2ptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1E533F19C2B676079E7A5BE73C61B4482C95EA5600FB03BED9DB3E39318600C1B36A425sha3_384: 392e0a931440eb585d60096c6e597d5ab4815a170329ee9375b742935d7b8c6c7bd01041b157968122569347478b0a0dep_bytes: 558bec5151e84bffffff85c075318d45timestamp: 2016-03-02 19:37:56
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan.Miuref also known as:
|malicious (high confidence)
|Trojan ( 0055e3f51 )
|Trojan ( 0055e3f51 )
|a variant of Win32/Boaxxe.EJ
|malware (ai score=83)
|Malicious (score: 100)
|Static AI – Malicious PE
How to remove Trojan.Miuref?
Trojan.Miuref malware is extremely hard to delete manually. It puts its documents in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can get back itself from one of the elements. Additionally, a number of changes in the registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are really hard to locate and revert to the initial. It is far better to use a special tool – exactly, an anti-malware tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for malware elimination purposes.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really light-weight and has its databases updated nearly every hour. In addition, it does not have such problems and exposures as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for eliminating malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)