What is Win32/Kryptik.HGVG infection?
In this post you will locate concerning the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.HGVG as well as its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.HGVG ransomware will instruct its victims to start funds move for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A named pipe was used for inter-process communication;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks through which Win32/Kryptik.HGVG Ransomware are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a source that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the tool from operating in a proper manner – while additionally placing a ransom note that mentions the need for the targets to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the initial condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.HGVG circulation channels.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.HGVG expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending upon certain neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on certain local (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s device. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about illegal content.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.HGVG popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a police organization and will certainly report having situated youngster porn or other unlawful information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.HGVG popup alert might incorrectly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located child pornography or various other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will likewise have a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: EA6C131Emd5: e959d0e957c74cb3fe56363d0ac52d0bname: upload_filesha1: 117217e31e108a4fd8269d0b14e08c8942d0a184sha256: 24e4657963ab6aeba91f6fec4575198f94719c67374901c9df78b29dd5fe52c1sha512: bd3930d5a2a246c4c69fbc2aa830930a7c42fed50cba14e252bc0b41577daf8796b629f40e9a95b98b5fcedac67c5e428a76b0586653b26113cb5fe058c8f5f4ssdeep: 6144:3J2gzw5f7ZH3bv5vph31WjY63XqhL8PQgyJkvxyIh5qo:3JXzQjZH3Z3KY6XsOfySvxyIbtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9Qihu 360 Software Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.InternalName: SystemRegistryCleanFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1003CompanyName: QIHU 360 SOFTWARE CO. LIMITEDProductName: 360 SystemRegistryCleanProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1003FileDescription: 360 SystemRegistryCleanOriginalFilename: SystemRegistryClean.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.HGVG also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0057161d1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0057161d1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Rising||[email protected] (RDMK:qV5C3rGfSVQsTFW/Ns7tIg)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HGVG|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HGVG virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HGVG files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HGVG you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)