What is Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg infection?
In this article you will find concerning the meaning of Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg as well as its unfavorable impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg infection will advise its victims to launch funds transfer for the objective of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no more use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most normal channels whereby Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of customer winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or prevent the tool from working in an appropriate way – while additionally putting a ransom money note that states the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the file system back to the preliminary condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg circulation channels.
In different edges of the world, Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and tricks of extorting the ransom quantity may differ depending on specific regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The sharp after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg popup alert might falsely claim to be originating from a police institution as well as will report having situated youngster porn or other illegal data on the tool.
Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a regulation enforcement institution as well as will report having located youngster porn or other unlawful data on the device. The alert will likewise have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: DFCF790Amd5: 27546367f6e515d4f8872249b3e7cecbname: upload_filesha1: 0ce7e2dd2f1abb084d78834dc9444266941416aasha256: 95447ac6b12f37bc0150cca49487d6cfa6a8489b343809dfcdc5bd2e5b36c09esha512: dbc2c8aee84c338940e9299abdf7737b69c64a370ecd5b23f64481c7bb5f3a80a036568a2f14d6a71e9930e0e121c9fb098c2e6c666530392710a77de94a60a9ssdeep: 6144:UJ2gzw5f7ZH3bv5vph31WjY63XqhL8PQgyJkvxyIhPq6:UJXzQjZH3Z3KY6XsOfySvxyIPtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9Qihu 360 Software Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.InternalName: SystemRegistryCleanFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1003CompanyName: QIHU 360 SOFTWARE CO. LIMITEDProductName: 360 SystemRegistryCleanProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1003FileDescription: 360 SystemRegistryCleanOriginalFilename: SystemRegistryClean.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0057161d1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0057161d1 )|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HGVG|
How to remove Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Win32.Zenpak.axjg you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)