What is Win32/Kryptik.GHNV infection?
In this short article you will certainly find about the definition of Win32/Kryptik.GHNV and also its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GHNV infection will instruct its targets to start funds move for the function of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by a known file location;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Detects Sandboxie using a known mutex;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Checks for a known DeepFreeze Frozen State Mutex;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.GHNV Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the tool from working in a correct manner – while likewise putting a ransom note that states the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the papers or recovering the documents system back to the initial condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GHNV distribution networks.
In various edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GHNV grows by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending upon specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on certain local (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about unlawful web content.
In nations where software piracy is less prominent, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.GHNV popup alert may falsely declare to be deriving from a police organization as well as will certainly report having located kid porn or various other illegal data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GHNV popup alert might incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will likewise have a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 771B9BFCmd5: ccd59475ff24f827c87adafc907a7a9ename: CCD59475FF24F827C87ADAFC907A7A9E.mlwsha1: b336a088fc29424fdfb1c8200519ecc9d86ee8d6sha256: 7f64a1d0d19eaca73b9d9fd9b88c4ce308476db1010c3c52259d90e51b020893sha512: 65fb947774eaf3a07c1ab81decc9c8348c1ff8fcc8a2d0c2a3fe8431789ed6baa2bf32c8fc23e24674c0c3c0a0c1682bc95b26d8b916e8fb1a2bd044b0f3abd4ssdeep: 6144:P/i76Ze/ArEHAOx64WUSwa4tFp+apHsWHX+:P/i76p4vLSqDpHsWHX+type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0789 0x04b1
Win32/Kryptik.GHNV also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00533be61 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00533be61 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GHNV|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/GandCrab-B|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=97)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GHNV ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GHNV files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GHNV you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)