What is HackTool:Win32/WinActivator infection?
In this short article you will certainly find regarding the interpretation of HackTool:Win32/WinActivator and its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the situations, HackTool:Win32/WinActivator ransomware will certainly instruct its targets to launch funds move for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Ciphering the documents situated on the target’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular networks where HackTool:Win32/WinActivator Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the gadget from functioning in an appropriate manner – while additionally positioning a ransom note that points out the need for the victims to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
HackTool:Win32/WinActivator distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the world, HackTool:Win32/WinActivator expands by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending upon particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain local (regional) settings.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited web content.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the HackTool:Win32/WinActivator popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located child porn or various other illegal data on the tool.
HackTool:Win32/WinActivator popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and will report having located youngster porn or other prohibited information on the device. The alert will similarly have a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: DED75F93md5: 90ecedfaf88faf43ba1e06356c1449d2name: 90ECEDFAF88FAF43BA1E06356C1449D2.mlwsha1: 18d02586b1ab2d26bd2844c7630a6ad65339235fsha256: d42befdba2b4d4f0b585a343ab6bc18174b6838e54e1f6e6ba4be21812f88175sha512: d0111a4d1141bf4e72873fb878a00726d03f3870f03941557ade969d0f3e870302b24ca3ea52a4f8e576a39436af44139fba1b96fddab967e4ab29badaa9fc84ssdeep: 12288:v1MX89GjRX3rtCqHTNSnSoSGDVryXhJh7zIuU1On4xLIuWV355FXw/+e4wCu+2G:NMs9mRXbnNSnkqIuWV355FXw/+e4wCutype: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: InternalName: FileVersion: 220.127.116.11CompanyName: Country: ProductName: ProductVersion: FileDescription: Release: DevelopmentOriginalFilename: WAT Fix.exe
HackTool:Win32/WinActivator also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Sophos||Generic PUA BI (PUA)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove HackTool:Win32/WinActivator ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for HackTool:Win32/WinActivator files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove HackTool:Win32/WinActivator you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)