What is Win32/Kryptik.FOYB infection?
In this short article you will certainly find concerning the definition of Win32/Kryptik.FOYB and also its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.FOYB ransomware will certainly advise its victims to launch funds move for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (4 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Creates an excessive number of UDP connection attempts to external IP addresses;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify desktop wallpaper;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cerber ransomware;
- Attempts to execute a binary from a dead or sinkholed URL;
- EternalBlue behavior. Allows cyber threat actors to remotely execute arbitrary code and gain access to a network by sending specially crafted packets.
This is has made EternalBlue trick popular with various malware, such as Trickbot, a modular banking trojan, as well as CoinMiner and WannaMine, crypto miners that use the EternalBlue exploit in order to gain access to computing power to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to access Bitcoin/ALTCoin wallets;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most normal networks where Win32/Kryptik.FOYB Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a source that hosts a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or prevent the gadget from working in a proper fashion – while additionally placing a ransom note that points out the need for the victims to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.FOYB distribution channels.
In numerous edges of the world, Win32/Kryptik.FOYB grows by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary relying on certain local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom amount may differ depending on specific regional (regional) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s gadget. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about prohibited content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.FOYB popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having located youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.FOYB popup alert might falsely claim to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will report having located child pornography or various other illegal data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way include a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 1F67B328md5: aee16b6d0a0b01112dbcd64fc964dc8cname: AEE16B6D0A0B01112DBCD64FC964DC8C.mlwsha1: 075bb3c912034413fab5d7c61018a5cf2ec9fcdbsha256: aae64206ceae312d9b76c8aec2cf9c5723293f1dfae13d3be0aa9b2e697d6f01sha512: 177e7f5480c2d16339ce8c205fc36062f8a93fc08028184ece8f037ebf5cc28ea3b6c11a455acf88772d9bd0f57163365d5d46909b2874158d5ff68ada259e21ssdeep: 3072:4AUAeOaAlZsNIuY/k3b1QwO/wWQBFcF5NbB3ugE82KztMhZg2G+1o4j7UdIugLu:4hr+GNIWw/hQ8F5N5aCIZsYR4dItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.FOYB also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00515aa21 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00515aa21 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FOYB|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Elenoocka-E|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.FOYB virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.FOYB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.FOYB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)