What is Win32/Kryptik.FONH infection?
In this post you will certainly discover about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.FONH and its adverse impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.FONH ransomware will instruct its victims to start funds move for the objective of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s device.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (4 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Creates an excessive number of UDP connection attempts to external IP addresses;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify desktop wallpaper;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cerber ransomware;
- Attempts to execute a binary from a dead or sinkholed URL;
- EternalBlue behavior. Allows cyber threat actors to remotely execute arbitrary code and gain access to a network by sending specially crafted packets.
This is has made EternalBlue trick popular with various malware, such as Trickbot, a modular banking trojan, as well as CoinMiner and WannaMine, crypto miners that use the EternalBlue exploit in order to gain access to computing power to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to access Bitcoin/ALTCoin wallets;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most common channels where Win32/Kryptik.FONH Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a source that holds a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the device from working in a correct way – while also putting a ransom note that discusses the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the preliminary condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.FONH circulation networks.
In different edges of the world, Win32/Kryptik.FONH grows by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s gadget. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited content.
In countries where software application piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.FONH popup alert might wrongly assert to be stemming from a police establishment and also will certainly report having located child pornography or various other unlawful information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.FONH popup alert might wrongly declare to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will similarly have a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: C1539CF0md5: b09503cd534c8df104472c5063f3a371name: B09503CD534C8DF104472C5063F3A371.mlwsha1: f5f68bc50b23d8c696feaacb55924ae330047a3fsha256: 4f859056e6c3c50903e5592897fa1d4bf08bab801325a05ce5ec89c048d95007sha512: 40124f9ba99370168b14258c87092b51b92d7e6ae63d4f7f08d13009025f8abb2b3faa9288c7e595fef1b413290c8118b7b8bd08c0f67112df8280045422e566ssdeep: 3072:KZuXtDut2RQntsNX6z+ct7jr5+zj0MEWyPXU+1ynbA3akvSTmVsQjrGKAJf7kEL:KZ97tAUtl+zA1nP4nFTAPg7kOJtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.FONH also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005190011 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005063801 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FONH|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Elenoocka-E|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.FONH virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.FONH files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.FONH you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)