Spectating the Win32/Injector.WGU detection usually means that your PC is in big danger. This malware can correctly be identified as ransomware – sort of malware which ciphers your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Win32/Injector.WGU detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It frequently appears after the preliminary actions on your computer – opening the untrustworthy e-mail, clicking the advertisement in the Internet or setting up the program from suspicious sources. From the moment it appears, you have a short time to do something about it until it starts its malicious activity. And be sure – it is far better not to wait for these harmful things.
What is Win32/Injector.WGU virus?
Win32/Injector.WGU is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the files on your disk drives, encrypts it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this virus also does a lot of harm to your system. It modifies the networking settings in order to prevent you from looking for the elimination articles or downloading the antivirus. In rare cases, Win32/Injector.WGU can even block the setup of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Win32/Injector.WGU malware activities in the infected system are next:
- Sample contains Overlay data;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Behavioural detection: Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Deletes executed files from disk;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Encrypting the files kept on the target’s disk drive — so the victim cannot open these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has actually been a nightmare for the last 4 years. It is hard to imagine a more damaging malware for both individual users and organizations. The algorithms used in Win32/Injector.WGU (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these bad things without delay – it can take up to a few hours to cipher all of your documents. Hence, seeing the Win32/Injector.WGU detection is a clear signal that you need to begin the clearing procedure.
Where did I get the Win32/Injector.WGU?
Typical methods of Win32/Injector.WGU injection are standard for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing sites where users are offered to download the free app, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait emails are a relatively new strategy in malware distribution – you receive the email that simulates some regular notifications about shippings or bank service conditions changes. Within the e-mail, there is an infected MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks pretty easy, but still demands tons of awareness. Malware can hide in various spots, and it is better to prevent it even before it gets into your computer than to rely upon an anti-malware program. Standard cybersecurity awareness is just an important item in the modern-day world, even if your interaction with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a lot of money and time which you would spend while looking for a solution.
Win32/Injector.WGU malware technical details
File Info:name: 0C6EAF603CE256437D68.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/f74c6160b8e49ab3213fc86c716ff9a25b26fa13965c28b6a97a72289b54fa7bcrc32: 42D73DC6md5: 0c6eaf603ce256437d68dcf11d265716sha1: 0b348f4dae7bec8ca14cf395f532f51855818893sha256: f74c6160b8e49ab3213fc86c716ff9a25b26fa13965c28b6a97a72289b54fa7bsha512: cfd386015a9e8d6d97bd902997c78ebbfdb66a3477ac014ede16ae5b8c59f354c6dc446ae08ce1f9e01e28cfa22398860b70500077c342d081fa04c51a3a0854ssdeep: 6144:g8OnrX0xIRUXuVtZKZ48ajZ4UhCDDEFwD7kbIk23vEs4MdXy83pYY:gVrkxIRHVN8kZVhCcFC7kbv+vEs7g8rtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1E764F0C6BAAD1D63C92D7131BD621BB45AE46F1BD9CC020B63D2E09C0D71A607DCC5AEsha3_384: c1bc6f72945e7013a65426d8f590d7a2522e946c0682555cd695506b7b4005a58d2ae7c77fdbeee4ea4ddeae6b4e8277ep_bytes: 5589e5e810c2ffff0000000000000000timestamp: 2012-09-09 21:09:03
Version Info:CompanyName: TrueLoveFileVersion: 2.3FileDescription: TrueLoveInternalName: TrueLoveLegalCopyright: TrueLoveLegalTrademarks: TrueLoveOriginalFilename: TrueLoveProductName: TrueLoveProductVersion: 2.3Translation: 0x1c09 0x04e4
Win32/Injector.WGU also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 003eb2601 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 003eb2601 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.WGU|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Agent-XTF|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=81)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove Win32/Injector.WGU?
Win32/Injector.WGU malware is incredibly hard to eliminate by hand. It stores its data in multiple locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. Furthermore, various changes in the windows registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are fairly hard to identify and revert to the original. It is better to use a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for virus removal objectives.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very light-weight and has its detection databases updated just about every hour. Furthermore, it does not have such bugs and weakness as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware perfect for taking out malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)