Spectating the Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB detection name usually means that your PC is in big danger. This computer virus can correctly be named as ransomware – sort of malware which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It frequently shows up after the provoking procedures on your computer – opening the untrustworthy e-mail messages, clicking the banner in the Internet or installing the program from untrustworthy sources. From the moment it appears, you have a short time to do something about it before it begins its destructive action. And be sure – it is far better not to await these malicious actions.
What is Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB virus?
Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the files on your disks, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your files locked, this virus also does a ton of harm to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to stop you from checking out the elimination tutorials or downloading the antivirus. Sometimes, Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB can also block the setup of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB virus actions in the infected system are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Performs HTTP requests potentially not found in PCAP.;
- HTTPS urls from behavior.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Spanish (Colombia);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Created a process from a suspicious location;
- Collects and encrypts information about the computer likely to send to C2 server;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- STOP ransomware registry artifacts detected;
- CAPE detected the STOP malware family;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- STOP ransomware command line behavior detected;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents kept on the target’s disk drive — so the victim cannot use these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus programs
Ransomware has been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is hard to realize a more damaging virus for both individuals and companies. The algorithms used in Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these horrible things without delay – it may take up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Thus, seeing the Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB detection is a clear signal that you should begin the removal process.
Where did I get the Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB?
Standard methods of Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB injection are typical for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing sites where victims are offered to download and install the free software, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait emails are a pretty modern method in malware spreading – you get the e-mail that mimics some routine notifications about shippings or bank service conditions updates. Within the e-mail, there is an infected MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks fairly easy, however, still demands tons of focus. Malware can hide in different places, and it is better to prevent it even before it gets into your computer than to rely upon an anti-malware program. Standard cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential item in the modern-day world, even if your relationship with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a great deal of time and money which you would certainly spend while searching for a solution.
Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: FBD17FAEE155B253F513.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/11b7f1d4359ffc59bb196438cac277478ebd3e4b03bee2f7ba1f5622f6491b20crc32: EB7D3541md5: fbd17faee155b253f513529817c3cd69sha1: b432e24610b0f157e687235d4ab7c5aa06e96d75sha256: 11b7f1d4359ffc59bb196438cac277478ebd3e4b03bee2f7ba1f5622f6491b20sha512: 9c70fbeb5b41b41c723d95713e35233ca29c465b2b49a5b2018d794476a8cd0d68558d7e3d37540df716d4f28ab1b9d912ea583a69806a67a4bf0cf787b2c448ssdeep: 24576:zl8RRE6uNwusmKYzNm2ICQaOm7yooA9waRWa5iVBQWp0x:GRR73mKYzNdIe76ha58Wztype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T11145E0C2A25443D7DABA32715679B708B13E36B1DF2497C729C73876087BAC06C34D9Asha3_384: 61320e6b9f83f193a65e82a8b665896e8bbf7e9bcd319076978847c91f48c725c3042fd7e2b5bcc0c57bfe8af07be63fep_bytes: 5150528d0d18000000648b0101c801c8timestamp: 2020-11-30 04:35:13
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004bd9341 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004bd9341 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Expiro.NDG|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/EncPk-MK|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB?
Trojan:Win32/Raccoon.EC!MTB malware is very hard to delete manually. It stores its documents in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the parts. Moreover, numerous modifications in the registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are pretty hard to discover and revert to the initial. It is far better to utilize a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for virus removal reasons.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really lightweight and has its detection databases updated just about every hour. Additionally, it does not have such bugs and weakness as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware perfect for getting rid of malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)