What is Trojan.Win32.Menti infection?
In this short article you will certainly find about the meaning of Trojan.Win32.Menti and its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Trojan.Win32.Menti virus will certainly advise its sufferers to start funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Creates an excessive number of UDP connection attempts to external IP addresses;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cerber ransomware;
- EternalBlue behavior. Allows cyber threat actors to remotely execute arbitrary code and gain access to a network by sending specially crafted packets.
This is has made EternalBlue trick popular with various malware, such as Trickbot, a modular banking trojan, as well as CoinMiner and WannaMine, crypto miners that use the EternalBlue exploit in order to gain access to computing power to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files located on the victim’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels through which Trojan.Win32.Menti Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a source that hosts a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or prevent the device from operating in a correct way – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the documents or bring back the file system back to the preliminary condition. In most instances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
Trojan.Win32.Menti distribution channels.
In various edges of the globe, Trojan.Win32.Menti grows by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom amount might differ depending upon particular neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity may differ depending on particular local (regional) setups.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning illegal content.
In nations where software program piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Trojan.Win32.Menti popup alert may wrongly claim to be originating from a police organization and also will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited information on the tool.
Trojan.Win32.Menti popup alert might wrongly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having located youngster pornography or various other unlawful information on the tool. The alert will likewise consist of a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: EC7479FFmd5: b3bc23546175fe650165194e0b5cbe11name: B3BC23546175FE650165194E0B5CBE11.mlwsha1: 0c48375a3133163e16847f2f069ad6d13b9baccfsha256: c2cddf98083f58b65cf352e84259b70db4ac7f796d02f188ac238151b767d0e6sha512: 1c3f11d153fd925827ebfc0824730ee0f8c991a43a1f8b55c29558e7f79086b08260159c58dfea1e22eae181825c6ae467eebd7c852d3d72bcc2e86bbe5327b6ssdeep: 6144:hoKMAQTVLwaCw6hfZk7yygUln28xuYHR:2VLwt1huJKYHRtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: HEVFileVersion: 12.0.6500.5000CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationLegalTrademarks1: Microsoftxae is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.LegalTrademarks2: Windowsxae is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.ProductName: 2007 Microsoft Office systemProductVersion: 12.0.6500.5000FileDescription: 2007 Microsoft Office componentOriginalFilename: MsoHtmEd.ExeTranslation: 0x0000 0x04e4
Trojan.Win32.Menti also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FIZG|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Cerber-B|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan.Win32.Menti ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Win32.Menti files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Win32.Menti you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)