What is Trojan.Agent.RNS infection?
In this post you will discover about the meaning of Trojan.Agent.RNS as well as its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the instances, Trojan.Agent.RNS infection will instruct its sufferers to initiate funds move for the function of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the target’s hard disk — so the target can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
One of the most common channels where Trojan.Agent.RNS Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a resource that hosts a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or stop the tool from functioning in an appropriate manner – while also positioning a ransom money note that states the demand for the victims to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the initial condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Trojan.Agent.RNS circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, Trojan.Agent.RNS grows by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary relying on specific local (local) settings. The ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful content.
In countries where software application piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Trojan.Agent.RNS popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a police establishment as well as will report having situated child pornography or other prohibited data on the gadget.
Trojan.Agent.RNS popup alert may falsely claim to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization and will certainly report having located kid porn or various other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: D072D920md5: 910395e1b04866a7a6d64b2c80702a03name: 1.exesha1: c70147c4b5eba286de4ffdf78031fa411c90d83fsha256: c7235c56f4d4d5cbfbee677f2949049e98a4ff9c10fc3a399f53d278477f6025sha512: dc2a1bd99a07017c98edc344428fea49d738c147cd39ed3627bb8c351191d8604fc993e0839f9b6bbf6a4f6029c6b79be37a10713854af4d3901931b27972471ssdeep: 3072:wBgjS2GJyRGvl3hF85k+6LLH1zN14GPEdGVM9h9kKhnsE7vN7RzbPcPNyewtT:wfMG9RFsULVxbPEdGV0AIscbPcPNrtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan.Agent.RNS also known as:
|K7GW||Trojan ( 7000000f1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 7000000f1 )|
|SentinelOne||static engine – malicious|
|Endgame||malicious (moderate confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=94)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.AWI|
How to remove Trojan.Agent.RNS ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Agent.RNS files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Agent.RNS you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)