The “TotalAV Security – Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses!” scam exploits deceptive practices to mislead users. Triggered by rogue advertising networks, mistyped URLs, or adware, the scam presents a fake antivirus scan, falsely claiming multiple infections on the user’s device.
It prompts users to purchase or download fake security software, leading to potential malware infections or financial losses. Caution is advised to prevent falling victim to such misleading schemes and to maintain online security.
“TotalAV Security – Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses!” Scam Overview
Uncovered during an examination of deceptive websites, the “TotalAV Security – Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses!” scam falsely poses as a legitimate antivirus page, misleading visitors with fabricated threats on their devices. Such scams commonly aim to endorse fraudulent or potentially harmful software. Users are advised to exercise caution and avoid engaging in deceptive schemes.
|Name||“TotalAV Security – Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses!” pop-up|
|Threat Type||Phishing, Scam, Social Engineering|
|Similar Behavitor||“Virus/Malware Infections Have Been Recognized” Scam, “Your Browser Is (62%) DAMAGED By Tor.Jack Malware” Scam|
|Damage||Loss of sensitive private information, monetary loss, identity theft, possible malware infections.|
|Fix Tool||See If Your System Has Been Affected by TotalAV Security – Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses! Virus|
Upon entering a website promoting this scam, users are greeted with a seemingly authentic webpage that promptly initiates a counterfeit system scan. The fake scan alleges the detection of various threats, including trojans, spyware, and adware, falsely claiming that the visitor’s computer is infected with five viruses.
A pop-up window follows, emphasizing the urgency of using an anti-virus to remove these non-existent threats. It is crucial to note that all information provided by this popup is entirely false. Obviously, websites cannot perform system scans or accurately detect issues.
These scams typically aim to endorse fraudulent software. It ranges from fake anti-virus tools to adware, browser hijackers, and Potentially Unwanted Applications. Some instances have even involved malware distribution, such as trojans and ransomware.
The redirection to official websites of genuine products or services is another tactic employed by scammers to exploit content affiliate programs. Thus, they earn illegitimate commissions for their promotion.
How did I open this website?
Users typically encounter scam websites through various channels. Usually, it can be rogue advertising networks, mistyped URLs, spam browser notifications, or intrusive ads. In some cases, it’s installed adware, which are common culprits leading to the redirection to deceptive pages. Spam, distributed through emails, PM, SMS, and social media posts, is significant in promoting online scams and directing unsuspecting users to fraudulent websites. So, exercising caution and employing security measures is essential to mitigate the risk of falling victim to such deceptive schemes.
Remove TotalAV Security - Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses! with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common PUA as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove TotalAV Security - Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses! as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for "TotalAV Security - Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses!" removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing TotalAV Security - Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses! and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No, you should not format your storage device. This popup is a scam and formatting your drive will not remove it. In fact, formatting your drive will erase all of your data, including personal files, photos, and documents.
Pop-ups can be very disruptive and annoying, especially when they appear unexpectedly or cover up the content you are trying to view. They can also be a security risk, as some pop-ups are designed to trick you into clicking on links or downloading malware. In some cases, pop-ups can even be used to spread viruses or other harmful software.
Gridinsoft Anti-Malware can monitor network traffic. So it will detect and block the source of these pop-ups.
How to Remove TotalAV Security - Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses! Malware
Name: TotalAV Security - Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses!
Description: The "TotalAV Security - Your PC Is Infected With 5 Viruses!" scam exploits deceptive practices to mislead users. Triggered by rogue advertising networks, mistyped URLs, or adware, the scam presents a fake antivirus scan, falsely claiming multiple infections on the user's device. It prompts users to purchase or download fake security software, leading to potential malware infections or financial losses. Caution is advised to prevent falling victim to such misleading schemes and to maintain online security.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Malware
User Review( votes)