In the ever-evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats, malicious actors constantly seek innovative methods to compromise systems and steal sensitive information. One such threat that has emerged is the “Stealerium Stealer“.
This sophisticated tool combines the capabilities of a stealer, clipper, and keylogger, making it a potent weapon in the hands of cybercriminals. In this article, we delve into the mechanics, features, and potential implications of Stealerium Stealer.
What is Stealerium Stealer
Stealerium Stealer is a piece of malicious software crafted using the C# programming language. Its primary purpose is to infiltrate target systems, covertly gather sensitive data, and transmit it to a remote location via a Discord channel using a webhook. This multi-faceted threat is designed to evade various forms of analysis, including VirtualBox, Sandbox, Debugger, VirusTotal, and Any.Run, ensuring its activities remain hidden from security measures.
|Harvesting sensitive data, including passwords, financial details, and personal information, through advanced techniques such as keylogging, clipboard manipulation, and browser data extraction, thereby potentially leading to identity theft, financial loss, and unauthorized access.
|See If Your System Has Been Affected by Stealerium Virus
Data Extraction Capabilities
Stealerium Stealer boasts an alarming array of data extraction capabilities:
- System Information: It extracts detailed system information, including version details, CPU specifications, GPU details, RAM information, IPs, BSSID, geographical location, screen metrics, and installed applications.
- Browser Data: The stealer targets Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Chrome, Edge) and Firefox-based browsers, pilfering passwords, credit card details, cookies, browsing history, autofill data, and bookmarks.
- Internet Explorer/Edge Passwords: It specifically targets saved passwords in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- Wi-Fi Networks: The tool gathers information about saved Wi-Fi networks and scans for networks in proximity (SSID, BSSID).
- File Grabber: Stealerium Stealer is capable of extracting a wide range of file types, including documents, images, source code, databases, and USB-connected files.
- Banking and Cryptocurrency Services: The threat can detect and extract data related to banking and cryptocurrency services accessed through browsers.
- Gaming Platforms: It targets gaming sessions on platforms like Steam, Uplay, Battle.Net, and Minecraft.
- Crypto Wallets: The stealer is capable of extracting sensitive data from a variety of cryptocurrency wallets, including Zcash, Armory, Bytecoin, and more.
- Crypto Wallet Extensions: It targets cryptocurrency wallet extensions from popular browsers, potentially compromising wallets associated with Binance, Metamask, BitApp, and others.
- Messenger Data: The threat compromises messenger sessions, accounts, and tokens from platforms such as Discord, Telegram, Skype, and Signal.
Stealerium Stealer goes beyond traditional data extraction with its advanced features:
- Keylogger: The keylogger component activates when users engage in text input or access a banking website, capturing keystrokes and potentially stealing sensitive information.
- Clipper: The clipper component monitors clipboard activity and replaces cryptocurrency wallet addresses with malicious ones when users engage in transactions.
- Webcam Screenshots: This feature captures screenshots from a user’s webcam if they access inappropriate content online, potentially invading privacy and security.
Remove Stealerium with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Stealers as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Stealerium as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Stealerium” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Stealerium and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Stealerium Stealer is a malicious software tool that combines the functionalities of a stealer, clipper, and keylogger. It’s designed to infiltrate systems, extract sensitive data, and transmit it remotely using Discord webhooks.
Stealerium Stealer utilizes various evasion techniques to bypass analysis tools like VirtualBox and SandBox. It extracts system information, browser data, gaming sessions, cryptocurrency wallets, messenger data, and more, potentially compromising a wide range of sensitive information.
The keylogger component of Stealerium Stealer records keystrokes when users type in chats or access banking websites. This enables cybercriminals to capture login credentials and other sensitive data.
The clipper feature monitors clipboard activity, replacing cryptocurrency wallet addresses with malicious ones during transactions. This can lead to unsuspecting victims sending funds to the attacker’s wallet.
Yes, Stealerium Stealer is capable of extracting data from various cryptocurrency wallets, including Zcash, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and more. It can also target wallet extensions from browsers.
Victims of Stealerium Stealer could face financial losses due to stolen cryptocurrency, compromised banking credentials, and credit card information. Additionally, their privacy may be invaded through captured webcam screenshots and messenger sessions.
To protect against Stealerium Stealer and similar threats, users should maintain up-to-date antivirus software, regularly update their operating systems and applications, avoid downloading files from untrusted sources, and be cautious while clicking on links or providing personal information.
Removing Stealerium Stealer can be challenging due to its multifaceted nature. Users who suspect their systems are compromised should immediately disconnect from the internet and seek professional assistance from cybersecurity experts to thoroughly clean and secure their devices.
Stealerium Stealer poses a risk to a wide range of individuals and industries, particularly those who engage in online banking, cryptocurrency trading, gaming, and online communication. Personal users, businesses, and organizations could all be potential targets.
Stealerium Stealer highlights the evolving sophistication of cyber threats, emphasizing the need for robust cybersecurity practices. It underscores the importance of regular software updates, strong password management, and education on identifying phishing attempts and suspicious activities.
The emergence of Stealerium Stealer highlights the increasing sophistication of cyber threats that target users’ personal information, sensitive data, and financial assets. Its ability to combine a stealer, clipper, and keylogger into a single tool presents a significant challenge for individuals and organizations striving to maintain cybersecurity. As cybercriminals continue to refine their tactics, staying informed and implementing robust security measures remains paramount to safeguard against such threats.
What is Stealerium Stealer?
Description: Stealerium Stealer poses a severe threat by covertly harvesting sensitive data, including passwords, financial details, and personal information, through advanced techniques such as keylogging, clipboard manipulation, and browser data extraction, thereby potentially leading to identity theft, financial loss, and unauthorized access.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Malware
User Review( votes)