Seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB detection name usually means that your PC is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – virus which encrypts your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some peculiar steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It usually appears after the provoking activities on your computer – opening the untrustworthy email messages, clicking the banner in the Internet or installing the program from unreliable resources. From the instance it appears, you have a short time to take action before it begins its destructive action. And be sure – it is better not to await these harmful actions.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your disks, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this malware additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It alters the networking setups in order to stop you from reading the removal guides or downloading the antivirus. In some cases, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB can even prevent the launching of anti-malware programs.
In total, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB malware actions in the infected PC are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Sample contains Overlay data;
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Saami;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Accessed credential storage registry keys;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Encrypting the documents kept on the target’s disk drives — so the victim cannot check these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has actually been a headache for the last 4 years. It is challenging to realize a more damaging virus for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms used in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these unpleasant things without delay – it may take up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Thus, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB detection is a clear signal that you should begin the elimination process.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB?
Typical ways of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB distribution are typical for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing websites where users are offered to download the free software, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a relatively modern method in malware spreading – you get the e-mail that simulates some standard notifications about shipments or bank service conditions changes. Inside of the email, there is an infected MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks pretty simple, but still needs a lot of focus. Malware can hide in different spots, and it is better to prevent it even before it gets into your PC than to depend on an anti-malware program. Simple cybersecurity awareness is just an essential item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That may save you a great deal of money and time which you would spend while seeking a solution.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 4A4F1AE2232ADFCA73B1.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/a7032f8b9aea271601db6674a9e4c43dfd0d7625dea6da8294768e7fdfce90decrc32: 93E92B86md5: 4a4f1ae2232adfca73b1ee2dcc114ad3sha1: 38f9ff0612971ae67a218c692613118defd55316sha256: a7032f8b9aea271601db6674a9e4c43dfd0d7625dea6da8294768e7fdfce90desha512: 8ea9dd373c94e79732990bd7f30c5ef8425f9826bdaaa465716ee89cf370c10dfe2f0b39b539c7d5d9da513bf85a7aee1d1eadb3d11c1ca355a2d69cdb81da93ssdeep: 98304:Ia3inGKt/6ZpALsWXm8odTyyYqR3xqmOW:z6/6Iy8oYuYpWtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T14C16334332907CA5F6235F325F2E86E96B0EFC804E9473DA2A191E1F4D7067AD623716sha3_384: 433c8420948be60a7f33ec049443d128717a5c10e1f86ef6d7a9bfe81402eb6b4b63b6a59bec1db6e4ada1e738eb4f24ep_bytes: e8293a0000e989feffffff350c538100timestamp: 2023-03-12 03:53:19
Version Info:FileDescriptions: NutsInternalName: Buckiyarn.exeLegalTrademark1: GurumessLegalTrademarks2: GunshuttingOriginalFilename: Buskebaser.exeProductVersion: 18.104.22.168Translation: 0x0709 0x04e2
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB also known as:
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HVEQ|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Rising||[email protected] (RDML:R+eiz+CxVtjXQOsuweoa8g)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=81)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB malware is incredibly difficult to eliminate manually. It places its files in several locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the elements. In addition, numerous modifications in the registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are really hard to find and return to the initial. It is better to utilize a specific tool – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for malware removal reasons.
Remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Trojans as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.KS!MTB and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
User Review( votes)