The 6y8dghklp virus falls under the Phobos ransomware family. A harmful program of this type encrypts all the data on your computer (images, text files, excel tables, music, videos, etc) and adds its own extension to every file, leaving the info.txt text files in every folder containing encrypted files.
What is known about the 6y8dghklp virus?
☝️ 6y8dghklp is a Phobos family ransomware virus.
The pattern of renaming is this: id[xxxxxx].[contact_email].6y8dghklp. After the encryption, a file named, for instance, “report.docx” will be renamed to “report.docx.id[9ECFA84E-3481].[[email protected]].6y8dghklp”.
In each directory containing the encoded files, a info.txt text file will be found. It is a ransom money note. It contains information about the ways of paying the ransom and some other remarks. The ransom note usually contains a description of how to purchase the decryption tool from the racketeers. You can get this tool after contacting [email protected] via email. That is it.
|Ransomware family1||Phobos ransomware|
|Detection||Win32/GenKryptik.GNNJ Virus Removal, Ransom:MSIL/PenTera.F!MSR Virus Removal, Win32/Injector.CNJW Virus Removal|
|Symptoms||Your files (photos, videos, documents) get a .6y8dghklp extension and you can’t open them.|
|Fix Tool||See If Your System Has Been Affected by 6y8dghklp virus|
The info.txt file accompanying the 6y8dghklp malware states the following:
!!!All of your files are encrypted!!! To decrypt them send e-mail to this address: [email protected]. If we don\'t answer in 24h., send e-mail to this address: [email protected]
In the screenshot below, you can see what a directory with files encrypted by the 6y8dghklp looks like. Each filename has the “.6y8dghklp” extension added to it.
How did 6y8dghklp ransomware end up on my PC?
There are plenty of possible ways of ransomware injection.
There are currently three most exploited ways for tamperers to have ransomware working in your system. These are email spam, Trojan injection and peer file transfer.
- If you access your inbox and see emails that look just like notifications from utility services providers, postal agencies like FedEx, web-access providers, and whatnot, but whose “from” field is unknown to you, be wary of opening those letters. They are most likely to have a malware file attached to them. Therefore, it is even riskier to download any attachments that come with emails like these.
- Another thing the hackers might try is a Trojan virus model. A Trojan is an object that infiltrates into your machine disguised as something legal. For instance, you download an installer for some program you need or an update for some program. But what is unboxed reveals itself a harmful agent that encrypts your data. Since the update wizard can have any name and any icon, you have to make sure that you can trust the source of the files you’re downloading. The best way is to trust the software developers’ official websites.
- As for the peer networks like BitTorrent or eMule, the threat is that they are even more trust-based than the rest of the Web. You can never know what you download until you get it. Our suggestion is that you use trustworthy resources. Also, it is reasonable to scan the directory containing the downloaded objects with the antivirus as soon as the downloading is done.
How to remove ransomware?
It is crucial to inform you that besides encrypting your data, the 6y8dghklp virus will most likely install Vidar Stealer on your machine to seize your credentials to different accounts (including cryptocurrency wallets). The mentioned program can extract your logins and passwords from your browser’s auto-filling data.
Remove 6y8dghklp with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Ransomware as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove 6y8dghklp as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “6y8dghklp” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing 6y8dghklp and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
Sometimes racketeers would unblock some of your files so you know that they indeed have the decryption program. As 6y8dghklp virus is a relatively new ransomware, security software designers have not yet found a method to undo its work. However, the anti-ransomware tools are constantly updated, so the solution may soon be available.
Understandably, if the hackers do the job of encoding someone’s essential data, the desperate person will probably comply with their demands. However, paying to racketeers gives no guarantee that you’re getting your blocked information back. It is still risky. After getting the ransom, the racketeers may send a wrong decryption key to the victim. There were reports about criminals just disappearing after getting the money without even writing back.
The optimal solution against ransomware is to have aan OS restore point or the copies of your essential files in the cloud storage or at least on an external drive. Obviously, that might be not enough. Your most crucial thing could be that file you were working on when it all happened. But at least it is something. It is also advisable to scan your PC for viruses with the anti-malware utility after the system is rolled back.
6y8dghklp is not the only ransomware of its kind, since there are other specimens of ransomware out there that act in the same manner. Examples of those are Hgew, Hgfu, Hgkd, and some others. The two major differences between them and the 6y8dghklp are the ransom amount and the encoding method. The rest is the same: files become encoded, their extensions changed, ransom notes appear in every directory containing encoded files.
Some lucky victims were able to decrypt the blocked files with the aid of the free software provided by anti-ransomware specialists. Sometimes the criminals mistakenly send the decryption key to the victims in the ransom note. Such an extraordinary fail allows the injured part to restore the files. But naturally, one should never rely on such a chance. Make no mistake, ransomware is a bandits’ tool to pull the money out of their victims.
How do I avert ransomware infection?
6y8dghklp ransomware has no superpower, neither does any similar malware.
You can defend your PC from its infiltration taking three easy steps:
- Never open any emails from unknown mailboxes with strange addresses, or with content that has nothing to do with something you are expecting (how can you win in a money prize draw without even taking part in it?). In case the email subject is more or less something you are expecting, scrutinize all elements of the suspicious letter carefully. A fake email will always have a mistake.
- Never use cracked or untrusted programs. Trojans are often distributed as a part of cracked products, possibly under the guise of “patch” preventing the license check. Understandably, potentially dangerous programs are difficult to tell from trustworthy ones, as trojans sometimes have the functionality you seek. You can try searching for information about this program on the anti-malware forums, but the optimal way is not to use such programs at all.
- And finally, to be sure about the safety of the files you downloaded, use GridinSoft Anti-Malware. This program will be a powerful defense for your personal computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
🤔 Can I somehow access “.6y8dghklp” files?
There’s no way to do it, unless the files “.6y8dghklp” files are decrypted.
🤔 What should I do to make my files accessible as fast as possible?
It’s good if you have fаr-sightedly saved copies of these important files elsewhere. Otherwise, you might try to employ System Restore. The only question is whether you have saved any Restore Points that would be helpful now. There are other ways to beat ransomware, but they take time.
🤔 If GridinSoft deletes the 6y8dghklp malware, will it also delete my files that were encrypted?
No way! The encrypted files are not harmful, so they won’t be deleted.
With the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware, you can clean your system off the actual threats. The virus that has attacked your computer is most likely still functional and running scans every so often to encrypt any new files you might create on your computer after the initial attack. As it has already been said, the 6y8dghklp virus does not come alone. It installs backdoors and keyloggers that can steal your account credentials and provide malefactors with easy access to your computer in the future.
🤔 What actions should I take if the 6y8dghklp ransomware has blocked my computer and I can’t get the activation key.
In such an unfortunate situation, you need to have a flash memory drive with a previously installed Trojan Killer. Use Safe Mode to perform the procedure. You see, the ransomware starts automatically as the system boots and encrypts any new files created or brought into your PC. To block this process – use Safe Mode, which allows only the vital programs to run upon system start. Consider reading our manual on running Windows in Safe Mode.
🤔 What can I do right now?
Many of the encoded files might still be within your reach
- If you sent or received your important files via email, you could still download them from your online mail server.
- You may have shared images or videos with your friends or relatives. Just ask them to send those images back to you.
- If you have initially downloaded any of your files from the Internet, you can try doing it again.
- Your messengers, social media pages, and cloud disks might have all those files as well.
- It might be that you still have the needed files on your old PC, a portable device, mobile, memory stick, etc.
USEFUL TIP: You can use file recovery programs2 to get your lost data back since ransomware blocks the copies of your files, deleting the authentic ones. In the video below, you can learn how to recover your files with PhotoRec, but be advised: you won’t be able to do it before you eradicate the ransomware itself with an antivirus program.
I need your help to share this article.
It is your turn to help other people. I have written this article to help users like you. You can use the buttons below to share this on your favorite social media Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit.Brendan Smith
How to Remove 6Y8DGHKLP Ransomware & Recover PC
Name: 6Y8DGHKLP Virus
Description: 6Y8DGHKLP Virus is a ransomware-type infections. This virus encrypts important personal files (video, photos, documents). The encrypted files can be tracked by a specific .6y8dghklp extension. So, you can't use them at all.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Virus
User Review( votes)