What is Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn infection?
In this article you will locate regarding the meaning of Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn as well as its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
In the majority of the cases, Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to start funds move for the purpose of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s device.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify user notification settings;
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels whereby Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a source that holds a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or stop the device from operating in a proper fashion – while also putting a ransom note that mentions the demand for the targets to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the documents or bring back the documents system back to the first condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom quantity may differ depending upon particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s tool. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful content.
In nations where software piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or various other illegal information on the tool.
Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn popup alert might incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having located child porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will likewise include a need for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: E34C8095md5: 2e2e5e283c5353f652d3885ae6e2a420name: 2E2E5E283C5353F652D3885AE6E2A420.mlwsha1: 07f9bf153ae159f2b0cbacc8465472a02626917dsha256: 0bb97289b200f15f67cc3e84d72e671a664e3f8261f87e72ca2de6ee2e412432sha512: e725c0aaa887b78a8bad8e017fe8050b2aeedaf9510876e137fecf48bd9ee251929c5c97c0ccb411758b5234f3b194654435c5fa25f819476725352759dfe4fassdeep: 3072:gQfkF0y2Uo4qxptTpV6zNzYRBxpv5GHqlkJV+g5COEzauptO1hsSOB5:3fkF6UoPT38ilsqUSzaHsSi5type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 AVG Netherlands B. V. 2011FileVersion: 14.0.1000.340CompanyName: TuneUp Software LegalTrademarks: TuneUp Utilitiesx2122ProductName: TuneUp Utilities 2014ProductVersion: 14.0.1000.340FileDescription: TuneUp Automatic Program ReactivatorTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005105d81 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FTPE|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Cerber-AL|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue!rfn you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/