Seeing the Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] detection means that your computer is in big danger. This computer virus can correctly be named as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some peculiar steps that must be done as soon as possible.
Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It usually shows up after the provoking activities on your PC – opening the untrustworthy e-mail, clicking the advertisement in the Web or mounting the program from suspicious resources. From the moment it shows up, you have a short time to take action until it starts its harmful action. And be sure – it is better not to await these harmful effects.
What is Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] virus?
Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the files on your disk drive, ciphers it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your files locked, this virus also does a lot of harm to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to avoid you from reading the elimination articles or downloading the anti-malware program. Sometimes, Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] can also block the setup of anti-malware programs.
Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] Summary
In total, Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] virus actions in the infected system are next:
- Unconventionial binary language: Chinese (Simplified);
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Simplified);
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Ciphering the files kept on the target’s disks — so the victim cannot use these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has been a headache for the last 4 years. It is difficult to picture a more damaging virus for both individual users and organizations. The algorithms used in Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these terrible things instantly – it can require up to several hours to cipher all of your files. Thus, seeing the Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] detection is a clear signal that you need to start the elimination procedure.
Where did I get the Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj]?
Common methods of Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] distribution are common for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing web pages where users are offered to download and install the free software, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a relatively modern method in malware distribution – you get the email that imitates some normal notifications about shippings or bank service conditions modifications. Within the email, there is an infected MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks quite easy, however, still needs tons of recognition. Malware can hide in different places, and it is much better to prevent it even before it invades your system than to rely on an anti-malware program. Simple cybersecurity knowledge is just an important thing in the modern world, even if your interaction with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That can save you a lot of time and money which you would spend while seeking a solution.
Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] malware technical details
File Info:name: 0FCBEF56C2E8041516B9.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/88d3b3fb917f571c63946d0c4e346b46ce18270386ce3b19505825c721a7a07ccrc32: EA77784Fmd5: 0fcbef56c2e8041516b9e69972cfa5b0sha1: 4237aa6a54406b1292a3e40be2ded67d1c96f3cesha256: 88d3b3fb917f571c63946d0c4e346b46ce18270386ce3b19505825c721a7a07csha512: 7961b29dfd08570ba4b91b7e80c9b2e3747d70a72ffbbd22c6ca1a1abe30cb87ebaa4b607a16f71517f37dde2adca5746d78fc51389a185259457b611783fa8dssdeep: 12288:sGg5GzMNFdycF8kaRlC2S1Ab8VihvTcvvYXnlZe5N:sGg5Gz8FAc2L81Ab8ViBoYa5Ntype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1C9F422C2F284B40AE851297251D9F73869163D389657561279F8FF2F3432CD3AEB6883sha3_384: 44620cf1a4f89f289d00df0391d0f32e9233c7eaf7aeff89a6af5a88375b4601499b9d69a36127d29b27ab80e745b774ep_bytes: 60be002053008dbe00f0ecff5783cdfftimestamp: 2012-03-30 16:11:22
Version Info:Comments: CompanyName: DNF2020.COMFileDescription: ANANWG.COMFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1InternalName: DNF2020LegalCopyright: 版权所有 (C) 2011LegalTrademarks: OriginalFilename: DNF安安.EXEPrivateBuild: ProductName: DNF2020ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1SpecialBuild: Translation: 0x0804 0x04b0
Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (moderate confidence)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
How to remove Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj]?
Win32:PWSX-gen [Trj] malware is extremely difficult to eliminate by hand. It stores its data in multiple places throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. In addition, a lot of changes in the windows registry, networking setups and also Group Policies are pretty hard to find and revert to the initial. It is far better to use a specific app – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for malware removal purposes.<”h3″ style="text-align: center">Remove ”Win32:PWSX-gen with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Malware as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove ”Win32:PWSX-gen as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.<”h3″>Trojan Killer for "”Win32:PWSX-gen" removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing ”Win32:PWSX-gen and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.” family=”Trojans”] ”]
User Review( votes)