What is Win32/Virlock.W infection?
In this post you will certainly find concerning the definition of Win32/Virlock.W as well as its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
In the majority of the cases, Win32/Virlock.W infection will certainly instruct its targets to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent file extensions from being displayed;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s disk drive — so the target can no more use the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks whereby Win32/Virlock.W Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a resource that organizes a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the gadget from working in a correct fashion – while also putting a ransom note that states the demand for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the papers or bring back the data system back to the initial condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Virlock.W circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, Win32/Virlock.W grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money amount might vary relying on particular neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software program.
In particular locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software piracy is much less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Virlock.W popup alert may falsely claim to be stemming from a police organization and will certainly report having located child porn or various other illegal information on the gadget.
Win32/Virlock.W popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will report having situated youngster pornography or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will similarly contain a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 127F5315md5: 2dd577abf8aa2f7a6b651de5a5611494name: 2DD577ABF8AA2F7A6B651DE5A5611494.mlwsha1: 944c82de64366b10064de2334a54a17c5ebf8e8fsha256: 02d9f49b42152b819201cab1ec9232782c08ff333a3fc83e104340682087e330sha512: 131638a5580fe2e7ef5bb9665a6be76b88d58f6747ab224ad12855c5e7bcb8e36a340ca4281fc30d7eb52e353b4f8715b4419b469ea89e42b1829d1322dc605dssdeep: 49152:AMlNGRe9WcsMe5dquLrXJt8Qm0HKhMMpHnOG6:A4WClb2quPZ9HKHHntype: MS-DOS executable, MZ for MS-DOS
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Virlock.W also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004b6d5e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004b6d5e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Virlock.W|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + W32/VirRnsm-F|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
How to remove Win32/Virlock.W virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Virlock.W files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Virlock.W you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/