Seeing the Win32/SpyVoltar.B detection usually means that your computer is in big danger. This computer virus can correctly be named as ransomware – sort of malware which encrypts your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some peculiar steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Win32/SpyVoltar.B detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your computer. It frequently shows up after the provoking procedures on your PC – opening the dubious e-mail messages, clicking the advertisement in the Internet or installing the program from dubious resources. From the second it shows up, you have a short time to do something about it before it starts its harmful activity. And be sure – it is better not to wait for these destructive effects.
What is Win32/SpyVoltar.B virus?
Win32/SpyVoltar.B is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your computer, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this virus also does a ton of damage to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to stop you from checking out the removal tutorials or downloading the anti-malware program. Sometimes, Win32/SpyVoltar.B can even stop the setup of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Win32/SpyVoltar.B ransomware actions in the infected PC are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Performs HTTP requests potentially not found in PCAP.;
- HTTPS urls from behavior.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Harvests cookies for information gathering;
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s disk drives — so the victim cannot use these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware apps
Ransomware has actually been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is challenging to imagine a more damaging virus for both individuals and companies. The algorithms used in Win32/SpyVoltar.B (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these horrible things immediately – it can take up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Therefore, seeing the Win32/SpyVoltar.B detection is a clear signal that you have to begin the elimination procedure.
Where did I get the Win32/SpyVoltar.B?
Standard ways of Win32/SpyVoltar.B spreading are typical for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing websites where victims are offered to download the free program, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a quite modern strategy in malware distribution – you get the e-mail that mimics some normal notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions changes. Inside of the e-mail, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks fairly simple, however, still demands a lot of attention. Malware can hide in various places, and it is far better to stop it even before it invades your PC than to depend on an anti-malware program. Common cybersecurity awareness is just an important item in the modern world, even if your interaction with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That can keep you a lot of money and time which you would certainly spend while seeking a fixing guide.
Win32/SpyVoltar.B malware technical details
File Info:name: 95BCCFA7C4FB3083C9DE.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/38848b5c7af679753d75ed32e8b2755c5c362fc3eb5c59bd5544fabc02ccac68crc32: FD4D24C7md5: 95bccfa7c4fb3083c9de0136a2133721sha1: 4189616c026d83629ef42e99b891162392cf4df3sha256: 38848b5c7af679753d75ed32e8b2755c5c362fc3eb5c59bd5544fabc02ccac68sha512: d71d824e40bacff42d67c72a14849551f8cf36d0471bfc06fa933b0328711628840493d1884d79012082ddb45d61f41bf1ae26e1e02426a4cbcc6612d103b87assdeep: 3072:nmto/bayye1tyDv5OolJEEJzIvhO7DDkAlFl:Iyiz56vUDDxFtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T14DE3D0323441DD32F015B5BA8490A605963FE911376C5BC37BAB0B6E5F373B01ABA792sha3_384: 2d7aded04c5076082418f2b49627f730a7cf943518fcd9cb4c45dc72c721dd0d8db4c6f5cca5cfb9408299670fae9a51ep_bytes: e85c160000e916feffff8b4424048b00timestamp: 2013-10-25 20:42:20
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/SpyVoltar.B also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 003c36381 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 003c36381 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove Win32/SpyVoltar.B?
Win32/SpyVoltar.B malware is extremely hard to eliminate by hand. It places its documents in multiple locations throughout the disk, and can get back itself from one of the parts. Furthermore, countless modifications in the registry, networking setups and Group Policies are fairly hard to locate and revert to the initial. It is much better to use a specific tool – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for malware elimination reasons.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very light-weight and has its detection databases updated practically every hour. Furthermore, it does not have such bugs and exploits as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for clearing away malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)