What is Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD infection?
In this short article you will locate about the interpretation of Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD as well as its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD ransomware will instruct its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction;
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Enumerates user accounts on the system;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (9 unique times);
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects Avast Antivirus through the presence of a library;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Attempts to access Bitcoin/ALTCoin wallets;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Harvests information related to installed instant messenger clients;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents found on the target’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most typical channels where Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD Ransomware are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a resource that organizes a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the tool from operating in a proper way – while also putting a ransom note that mentions the demand for the victims to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or restoring the data system back to the initial problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD distribution channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about illegal material.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a police establishment and also will report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited information on the device.
Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD popup alert might wrongly assert to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located child pornography or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will likewise include a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: A06EB21Amd5: 7490f7389c2f25bbae7a8779f76c41dfname: upload_filesha1: 5481f25f8ae878bc134558ad60f686cad7651b36sha256: cd2fb19598084681b5fe849bf1cdbabb07325de447d8150463d189440e10932dsha512: 29786e6ff486d4f39c55acd54d0bb5ed6d647b18d06f72160b68303d4dd8eaabf5d9e242ed1d7f37860e9af45e65c9984843574711bb861e494613ac81b462d6ssdeep: 12288:pANwRo+mv8QD4+0V16KNOlw6HtAQEIdXWIzt8ZGicHAHGg6AFBT8w:pAT8QE+kvNiDAQEa7xAHt6AFBQwtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: wotsuper FileDescription: wotsuper 2.1 Installation FileVersion: 2.1 Comments: CompanyName: wotsuper Translation: 0x0409 0x04e4
Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Password-Stealer ( 0056a47d1 )|
|K7GW||Password-Stealer ( 0056a47d1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
How to remove Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/PSW.Agent.OKD you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)