What is Win32/Ponmocup.AA infection?
In this article you will certainly find regarding the meaning of Win32/Ponmocup.AA as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Ponmocup.AA virus will certainly instruct its targets to start funds move for the function of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- Enumerates services, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- The sample wrote data to the system hosts file.;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels through which Win32/Ponmocup.AA are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that organizes a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the gadget from working in an appropriate fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom note that mentions the need for the sufferers to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the documents or restoring the data system back to the preliminary condition. In many instances, the ransom note will turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Ponmocup.AA circulation channels.
In different edges of the world, Win32/Ponmocup.AA grows by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on certain local (local) settings. The ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s tool. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited content.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Win32/Ponmocup.AA popup alert might incorrectly declare to be originating from a police organization and will report having situated child pornography or various other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/Ponmocup.AA popup alert might falsely declare to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will report having situated child porn or various other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will similarly include a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 18441702md5: f98a63eab254dd3312bbaaf01bac24abname: F98A63EAB254DD3312BBAAF01BAC24AB.mlwsha1: 01d83a34f335a68c685c6165f8fde3223531f8cesha256: 522ec03901b7ad8de912ffffb3577a98187e2b9c4e3044b5caff8b778f785b59sha512: c94802f0fea94c9b6ddaa88bc47ca48f37ccd69c8e34000c595bcf5d75e862cbc5afd7d2a3c1e9b6812b812ff954a54a7f4ff71a9db3b5604699fc6a245b320cssdeep: 12288:t7uzu3LZFgo6g06smLRegTMTTnVxH31qnux:t7v37gg06ZegT0Zn+uxtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Ludjzblay Baarwewtago. All rights reserved.InternalName: pnrpnsp.dllFileVersion: 6.0.6001.18000 (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)CompanyName: Syqqjizyy ZlavhwikyljProductName: Hgkpluloyxae Tcxybmcxae Hklmvgjjt RojnehProductVersion: 6.0.6001.18000FileDescription: PNRP Name Space ProviderOriginalFilename: pnrpnsp.dllTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Ponmocup.AA also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4031 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4031 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Virtum-Gen|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=98)|
How to remove Win32/Ponmocup.AA virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Ponmocup.AA files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Ponmocup.AA you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)