Seeing the Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM malware detection usually means that your system is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some unusual steps that must be done as soon as possible.
Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your computer. It often shows up after the provoking procedures on your computer – opening the dubious e-mail messages, clicking the banner in the Internet or mounting the program from dubious resources. From the moment it shows up, you have a short time to act before it starts its harmful activity. And be sure – it is much better not to wait for these malicious things.
What is Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM virus?
Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disk drive, ciphers it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your files inaccessible, this virus also does a ton of damage to your system. It changes the networking settings in order to prevent you from looking for the elimination guidelines or downloading the anti-malware program. In rare cases, Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM can also stop the launching of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM ransomware activities in the infected computer are next:
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- Executable file is packed/obfuscated with Themida;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Ciphering the documents kept on the target’s disk — so the victim cannot check these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware apps
Ransomware has actually been a nightmare for the last 4 years. It is hard to imagine a more harmful virus for both individuals and businesses. The algorithms used in Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these bad things immediately – it may take up to several hours to cipher all of your files. Thus, seeing the Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM detection is a clear signal that you have to start the removal procedure.
Where did I get the Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM?
Common tactics of Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM spreading are basic for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing sites where users are offered to download the free program, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a pretty modern strategy in malware spreading – you receive the e-mail that simulates some routine notifications about shipments or bank service conditions shifts. Inside of the e-mail, there is an infected MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing page.
Avoiding it looks quite easy, but still needs a lot of attention. Malware can hide in various spots, and it is far better to prevent it even before it gets into your computer than to rely on an anti-malware program. Essential cybersecurity awareness is just an essential thing in the modern-day world, even if your relationship with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a great deal of money and time which you would certainly spend while trying to find a fixing guide.
Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM malware technical details
File Info:name: 06FA11F41CEDD58A2D81.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/82580720c5d04c02938963c94bb81073d2e6e39ca2e8e8442d1b7b898118946fcrc32: 081E7BA0md5: 06fa11f41cedd58a2d81da7837e1906fsha1: f33f10387428b542485e9ead098b319dc44ccfe3sha256: 82580720c5d04c02938963c94bb81073d2e6e39ca2e8e8442d1b7b898118946fsha512: 2f26bcb843715e389a0cae86148b606e282b9d975a5ea905cc824a3e46f8715e4d8c2384564ed4373dc5c790b36f119faa0e41b825334e338dd3c2eb58deecf9ssdeep: 98304:+tT9wivLmdmSZeHEzBYmsuPPCRMfUHFiHHcvTfiQRCGNhJ+Jjvtg0M7abZB8RLP9:+tTRqZYUYmsMUUHHqKQ3Sjvbr1PieVH0type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T12D468DE13A0FF6CFC0D608789512DE0399A95BB38638C902F959353E9E33D913789B59sha3_384: 11f33c9cc40898ff4288390ca52f4c13cf14694c7044c8e41f9d0cb3c914f096017e81e73d3faa5ab01c5f77427ae257ep_bytes: 55e90cec11005de903f5fcff3c2c774ftimestamp: 1970-01-01 00:00:00
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM also known as:
|malicious (high confidence)
|a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM
|Static AI – Malicious PE
How to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM?
Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM malware is incredibly difficult to remove manually. It stores its data in multiple locations throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the parts. Moreover, numerous alterations in the registry, networking settings and Group Policies are quite hard to discover and revert to the original. It is much better to make use of a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for malware elimination purposes.
Remove Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Trojans as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Win32/Packed.Themida.IIM and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
User Review( votes)