What is Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW infection?
In this article you will discover regarding the interpretation of Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW and also its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW infection will instruct its targets to launch funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- The following process appear to have been packed with Themida: update.exe;
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the target’s hard disk — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical channels whereby Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or avoid the device from operating in an appropriate way – while additionally putting a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the sufferers to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the files or recovering the documents system back to the initial problem. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW grows by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on certain regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on specific regional (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s gadget. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful web content.
In countries where software piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located youngster porn or other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW popup alert may incorrectly claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having located youngster pornography or other illegal data on the device. The alert will similarly include a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 34A1ACE6md5: 733836b62c3671ce0d7dae57dfaedaeename: update.exesha1: f03b23b78c6d746c48c7b5534008328d774cd7ecsha256: c90a35ddde8c186a017a4d2e78a79b346e25ef4258ff777724fb6ecf6b95e9eesha512: 50384924a22e74fc5815d19ceac464a996f332829665710aee827b6da373e28921f251ef624b16c5e2fc9fca3a57cd938a884ac997a0cff0a818640c9451c36bssdeep: 49152:orbOsaJ3OltV2ByQDfwFGUFuUVmBKOoYT5wqbC1sIiGSdbNwIil/M7qH3LZJXV:orbColPQjwFNFuGmIi5zGAbN/a9jtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2016InternalName: League of LegendsFileVersion: 126.96.36.19957ProductName: League of LegendsProductVersion: 188.8.131.5257FileDescription: League of LegendsOriginalFilename: LeagueClientUx.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW also known as:
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW|
|SentinelOne||static engine – malicious|
How to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.BUW you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)