Spectating the Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious detection name usually means that your PC is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some peculiar steps that must be done as soon as possible.
Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It often appears after the provoking actions on your PC – opening the dubious e-mail, clicking the advertisement in the Internet or mounting the program from suspicious sources. From the second it shows up, you have a short time to take action before it starts its harmful activity. And be sure – it is far better not to wait for these malicious effects.
What is Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious virus?
Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your computer, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this malware also does a lot of damage to your system. It changes the networking settings in order to stop you from reading the elimination articles or downloading the antivirus. In some cases, Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious can additionally prevent the setup of anti-malware programs.
Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious Summary
In total, Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious malware activities in the infected PC are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Anomalous file deletion behavior detected (10+);
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- A ping command was executed with the -n argument possibly to delay analysis;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Created a process from a suspicious location;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Detects the presence of Windows Defender AV emulator via files;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Binary compilation timestomping detected;
- Suspicious use of certutil was detected;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Encrypting the files located on the target’s disk drive — so the victim cannot open these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware apps
Ransomware has been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is hard to realize a more damaging virus for both individual users and corporations. The algorithms used in Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious (typically, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these unpleasant things without delay – it may take up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Thus, seeing the Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious detection is a clear signal that you need to begin the elimination process.
Where did I get the Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious?
Typical ways of Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious distribution are basic for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing sites where victims are offered to download and install the free software, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait emails are a quite modern method in malware spreading – you receive the email that mimics some normal notifications about shippings or bank service conditions modifications. Inside of the email, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks quite uncomplicated, but still demands tons of focus. Malware can hide in various places, and it is much better to stop it even before it gets into your system than to rely on an anti-malware program. Essential cybersecurity knowledge is just an important item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a lot of money and time which you would spend while trying to find a fix guide.
Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious malware technical details
File Info:name: 080E2785E0B4582083AA.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/e6cec4389c2efe944ac0c2595bbd1d4f511b0d4321eb995f8a0fed1c9a82f9e3crc32: AF0E1170md5: 080e2785e0b4582083aad040703cfb51sha1: 883e702ce846759149dba1cd97dcc6af803f25desha256: e6cec4389c2efe944ac0c2595bbd1d4f511b0d4321eb995f8a0fed1c9a82f9e3sha512: 5e34b7a7d82d232b86ad913a726f0a2a81d7c6930d2ec51dec2d45d651350f98cd0c408f5e97dbb2f0f5450125c6949f15808446ece8578af28ef15becb47b43ssdeep: 24576:Pl2+f+b9BeCbNHrDFXkRPhzzuXG3dwtXMhx1/OTViL8O8UYfhl9g3U/8pKFcv7oK:dxGHlDFQZzzu0wtXc1/GbtfC3ZKOvEKtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T12A853342BFEB8077E976A77409F4C5A34F31BDE218BC975A051991CA4EA23C02738767sha3_384: bd43d45f9d3449573a3480d89b11072f9b723b608d891da2c3705524e5738d66c3d14d067243697d01ee323c8759b437ep_bytes: e800070000e9000000006a5868687240timestamp: 2068-06-21 06:07:02
Version Info:CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationFileDescription: Igc03 Svtndsw Rveihqaius FileVersion: 89.57.8715.83841 (kzhlsik_zdu.759675-2366)InternalName: Copxtdu LegalCopyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.OriginalFilename: BLQHNGQ.EXE .PGHProductName: Internet ExplorerProductVersion: 89.57.8715.83841Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00577a141 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00577a141 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
How to remove Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious?
Win32/Packed.CAB.Y suspicious malware is extremely hard to delete by hand. It places its files in multiple places throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the elements. Furthermore, a number of alterations in the registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are pretty hard to locate and return to the initial. It is much better to make use of a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for malware elimination reasons.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is pretty lightweight and has its databases updated just about every hour. Additionally, it does not have such bugs and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for taking out malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)