What is Win32/Merond.AC infection?
In this article you will certainly discover about the definition of Win32/Merond.AC and its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by online fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the instances, Win32/Merond.AC virus will instruct its victims to start funds move for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s device.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Korean;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most regular channels whereby Win32/Merond.AC Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the device from working in a proper way – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that discusses the need for the victims to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the data system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Merond.AC circulation networks.
In various edges of the world, Win32/Merond.AC grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom quantity may differ depending upon certain neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs about unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert after that demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about unlawful web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Merond.AC popup alert might incorrectly assert to be stemming from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having situated kid porn or other prohibited data on the tool.
Win32/Merond.AC popup alert may wrongly declare to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 3882D96Emd5: 3e58c0db9265af20a4e2971c6daefcd2name: 3E58C0DB9265AF20A4E2971C6DAEFCD2.mlwsha1: a0fd2ce18860cbf868446f82fdae894bad9b2140sha256: 74c338b1c4b2854f88c60c9dd3e8b353f60bb45f592db6576b99a38fe74650easha512: b4bc5d5c7617292bf8d032d8c5411dcab4168146f9d90263e9ffde27dfdbc4aa140a51e4a6557b44f1632142507192e859bd4882f3a1021c99182af6b0ed5a50ssdeep: 12288:wJtkoGNyuC27ZMLKHIcFw85VCCfkOZdmWWPf5Ov9pLbOvzGFi0LTZSeUvG44n9bp:w3koGTpVh5VuOXEOTyvzGFJHF92Sxtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: (C)Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: Wextract FileVersion: 6.00.2900.5512 (xpsp.080413-2105)CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationProductName: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating SystemProductVersion: 6.00.2900.5512FileDescription: Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor OriginalFilename: WEXTRACT.EXE Translation: 0x0412 0x04b0
Win32/Merond.AC also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e3991 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 90)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e3991 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Merond.AC|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious SFX|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Merond.AC virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Merond.AC files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Merond.AC you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/