What is Win32/Kryptik.GJEK infection?
In this short article you will find regarding the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GJEK and its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GJEK virus will certainly advise its targets to start funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Estonian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the papers situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most typical channels where Win32/Kryptik.GJEK Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the device from operating in a correct way – while additionally putting a ransom money note that mentions the requirement for the victims to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the files or recovering the documents system back to the initial condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GJEK circulation channels.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GJEK expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might vary relying on particular local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on specific local (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s tool. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal content.
In nations where software piracy is much less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.GJEK popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having situated kid porn or other prohibited information on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.GJEK popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and also will report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will similarly contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 7CA274D7md5: 9967e137239e998b3ec8800d7d8953adname: 9967E137239E998B3EC8800D7D8953AD.mlwsha1: 61c3a8001fa66bc9a71327a14ba826f407425274sha256: 886f974fb805401321541ea89fc48504dbaf52186c79b853b387bd200400d35asha512: 7bd6c0922c01faa7372edfd0acedb60750d37b877036ecdd6a207803504bf55d0df8e5c643b4f270440ecc3544f18674c27d22f7f7b72334765874d16d9d0ab1ssdeep: 6144:cHsBSPvLOoEBOoKBePniXW7BdoQrC7v5ye:cMBSNEBTOePnim7Bd9type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2017, nosyebupInternalName: tatira.exeFileVersion: 3.7.9ProductVersion: 3.7.9Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.GJEK also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GJEK|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GJEK ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GJEK files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GJEK you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)