What is Win32/LockScreen.BHD infection?
In this article you will locate about the definition of Win32/LockScreen.BHD and also its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/LockScreen.BHD virus will advise its targets to launch funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files situated on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the victim can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most normal networks whereby Win32/LockScreen.BHD Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that holds a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s computer or protect against the gadget from working in a correct fashion – while likewise putting a ransom money note that states the demand for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the data system back to the initial condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/LockScreen.BHD distribution channels.
In various corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.BHD grows by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular local (local) setups. The ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on particular regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful content.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/LockScreen.BHD popup alert might falsely declare to be originating from a police establishment and also will certainly report having located kid porn or various other illegal data on the device.
Win32/LockScreen.BHD popup alert might wrongly declare to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement organization and also will report having situated youngster pornography or other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 06CBE155md5: fd4f91a73f52cd100012d32b18b81daaname: FD4F91A73F52CD100012D32B18B81DAA.mlwsha1: 25545878e7ab8a1cd8ae736446aa0fa7f72981a6sha256: ee9f822481646c3e26f1187553721d2b956642a69790ec20f9feef2a4044476esha512: 242de09805086f1446272fe907597b166f43212eb1eb3c430f4e1b4ce7c328888be04f2898f0ef7956f9206ba4dd965ea6054e2b49bce7fd4eb7a1d50274e99bssdeep: 6144:1v7N+NSSx+T/wzitHlBSZmn6aw/jrgXkaZaitUivNO50dG3lBBg/uMTwzrCVdit:1vQwSxTi2AwQX4H50aloB5VSM3type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.BHD also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004c5f471 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004c5f471 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.BHD|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.BHD virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.BHD files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.BHD you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)