What is Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD infection?
In this post you will locate concerning the definition of Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD as well as its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
In the majority of the cases, Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD ransomware will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s device.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a known TeslaCrypt/AlphaCrypt ransomware decryption instruction / key file.;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most common channels whereby Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s PC or protect against the device from functioning in a proper fashion – while additionally placing a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the papers or recovering the data system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD distribution channels.
In various corners of the globe, Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD expands by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on certain regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s gadget. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less preferred, this method is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD popup alert may incorrectly claim to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having situated child porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD popup alert may incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement organization and will report having located youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the tool. The alert will similarly contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 5D475C85md5: e858b08060e3eebecdfea32e36fe6983name: E858B08060E3EEBECDFEA32E36FE6983.mlwsha1: 812c410b0aed9dacf96af5dda868847141a37f6fsha256: c03b15742f349abdb6ff44fcdd04be9fd0a61f57f238ca7f453304995766ac71sha512: a6bfe841c3075d5971ccc4d131b332de8469b48d7a606a9cb05d8b0ec5ab8cc5c361ea935daf425c4ce1c69b0f0d2f4bbd4368d55b9f5258370d683bbedf8db3ssdeep: 6144:6da8uOhcMWhqVln4xKPRAVbLjb9LBNaxOIxuyUypigG95:ca8ivhqVl+KPubn5LUhxNUypig6type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e3991 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e3991 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.BYVH|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Troj/Ransom-ATN|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.CryptoLocker.FKD you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)