What is Win32/LockScreen.AKW infection?
In this short article you will certainly find about the meaning of Win32/LockScreen.AKW and its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Win32/LockScreen.AKW ransomware will advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels where Win32/LockScreen.AKW are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or stop the tool from operating in an appropriate fashion – while also positioning a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the victims to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the documents or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In most instances, the ransom note will turn up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.AKW distribution networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/LockScreen.AKW grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular local (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s tool. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful material.
In countries where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/LockScreen.AKW popup alert may incorrectly claim to be originating from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the device.
Win32/LockScreen.AKW popup alert may incorrectly claim to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization and also will report having located child porn or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will similarly include a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 709B50AAmd5: 5dec81577e6ee92a32f8c27409734369name: 5DEC81577E6EE92A32F8C27409734369.mlwsha1: 937cffec9771efbd5c27449bfddf4d92a159d715sha256: 1549e039a40176b97ce5d7b7e2adc0bc226261369ea43b3c3199eef602fd0accsha512: c33c53e9bb3649caf52da05a15f240e450de1cf6a5ce5a0b04a5d7496ae4e42db4ff003e58c89bd4290fcfdf69b2149892685bd4b7e38b50849d582f1e85d939ssdeep: 1536:7/2EsPRwZRyyym/fr2hC8OyelbGvUK5WOZXmMZId:iYReCfwC8OyQ6vUKbZXmMZItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.AKW also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||EmailWorm ( 003247681 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||EmailWorm ( 003247681 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Katusha-M|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.AKW virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.AKW files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.AKW you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)