What is Win32/Kryptik.HLCH infection?
In this article you will locate regarding the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.HLCH and its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.HLCH infection will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- The sample wrote data to the system hosts file.;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.HLCH Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a resource that holds a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or stop the device from functioning in a proper fashion – while additionally putting a ransom note that points out the need for the targets to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the documents or restoring the data system back to the preliminary condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.HLCH distribution networks.
In various corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.HLCH expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom amount may differ relying on certain neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The sharp after that demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited material.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.HLCH popup alert may falsely claim to be originating from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having located youngster pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.HLCH popup alert might incorrectly assert to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will similarly consist of a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: DF37339Amd5: 0e3757845068c2ae8781bb8b65883b70name: 0E3757845068C2AE8781BB8B65883B70.mlwsha1: 55495a1a5cafce922a7242b2bece7b1a752343b9sha256: 8e3a1337c9f059c6796f35fa8c4692f691409a6cd729e015bdf4a44d7f2f12e3sha512: 76009b2eb26e2bbe4a8d566c4770529d7053cdd690482ef7061e38a75ea5a3decc469b5eccc27b0b56a04e27c75954dd568e96e21da396d4cd649446aed0a02bssdeep: 12288:bDba/q0zs1rgGQYibkyakLyLtN0hOceEjU7XDVJJLNCzf55w1VV5bIsFd:bkq0EakqCChO7YgRhC55cPvPtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:FileVersus: 126.96.36.199ProductVersus: 188.8.131.52Translations: 0x0586 0x036f
Win32/Kryptik.HLCH also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Hacktool ( 700007861 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HLCH|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HLCH virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HLCH files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HLCH you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)