What is Win32/Kryptik.HGOR infection?
In this short article you will find concerning the definition of Win32/Kryptik.HGOR and also its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.HGOR infection will advise its victims to initiate funds move for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A named pipe was used for inter-process communication;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.HGOR Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of customer ending up on a source that hosts a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or protect against the tool from functioning in a correct way – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that points out the demand for the sufferers to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the papers or bring back the file system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.HGOR circulation channels.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.HGOR expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom quantity may vary depending on specific neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain local (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert after that demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful content.
In countries where software piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.HGOR popup alert may wrongly claim to be originating from a police establishment and also will certainly report having located child porn or other unlawful information on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.HGOR popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located child pornography or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will likewise have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: B1E7EBC6md5: bc9875d6c8535381bb1d409eae4445bbname: 3415201.pngsha1: 928460fa809db50b216f14588775606e0ec4d4c0sha256: b6dd7f32d96e4d76117dcf50bb9dfd0e0431123872e68406948bc0cf50fab543sha512: dc91dd4407aaf9c50a749839287aa86cb7735224919ed1214142a6120a6a7e79edcc3b45c4777c378e6ce32b2cc606bae8ac0c3f76bd194a8cc9e480f0fcd235ssdeep: 6144:hLeKM/GlkobrHZ3FWO8QSfZQBeCAm7hU1etSyc2Sh:hLQon53FWO8QLeOncThtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: WmiApSrv.exeFileVersion: 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationProductName: Microsoftxae Windowsxae Operating SystemProductVersion: 6.1.7600.16385FileDescription: WMI Performance Reverse AdapterOriginalFilename: WmiApSrv.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.HGOR also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Invincea||Generic ML PUA (PUA)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HGOR|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HGOR ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HGOR files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HGOR you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)