What is Win32/Kryptik.HG infection?
In this article you will discover concerning the definition of Win32/Kryptik.HG and its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.HG ransomware will advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Enumerates services, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the target can no more use the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels where Win32/Kryptik.HG are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of customer winding up on a resource that holds a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the device from functioning in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom money note that mentions the need for the targets to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the documents or recovering the documents system back to the initial condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.HG distribution channels.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.HG expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending upon particular neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular local (regional) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.HG popup alert may incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having located child pornography or various other prohibited data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.HG popup alert might falsely declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment as well as will report having located kid pornography or various other illegal information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: A4659988md5: 1bb4d7ca85f2469c5e7d00e5fd591000name: 1BB4D7CA85F2469C5E7D00E5FD591000.mlwsha1: d189e5670d3a69be50115c8eb00949c747597747sha256: 849fd8ff6b9721a75a89c640d4ec6532a4078bf22e24af896daeda1bb1a87daesha512: 925dc5f1d57e0998f4c4596b87cd8055708b6c72cbe1445e636caa9de7bf4114fc58dcd85e9fcab92e126b82a2030d78b2c2141587c9f5ab29981a6a730a17c2ssdeep: 196608:iBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB:iBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.HG also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0051918c1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00517c911 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Mal/Elenoocka-E|
|MAX||malware (ai score=80)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HG|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HG virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HG files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HG you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)